Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having problems with Xenogears. The audio and video doesn't seem to sync up on the intro scene. Also the scene after that in when the village is burning the sound and video is messed up. The FPS is jumping all over the place and the sound is crackling. I'm also running the game from a .bin file.

Here are my system specs:
AMD Athlon XP Barton Mobile 2500+ (1.82GHZ)
ABIT NF7-S v2
OCZ Platinum PC3200 2x1GB DDR, Samsung PC3200 1X512MB DDR
Western Digital HD WD800JB-00FMA0 (74 GB, IDE)
ATI AIW Radeon 9800 Pro (128 MB)

I tried all of Pete's GPU Plugins
-DX6 D3D Driver 1.77
-D3D Driver 1.77
-OpenGL Driver 1.77
-OpenGL Driver 2.9

For the sound plugins I tried
-ePXSe SPU core.1.70.
-Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50

I tried all kinds of settings, but none of them work. The sound doesn't work properly.

Can someone help me with this. I'm not sure if I'm using the right plugins and settings.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
set spu eternal to spuasync = wait and enable a custom fps limit in the gpu plugin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually found the problem. It was the Eternal SPU 1.50 plugin that I had problems with. I used the P.E.Op.S Dsound plugin and got the sound back. Unfortunately the intro scene video and sound is still a little off but not by much.

I had another question. Is there any benefit in running the game in high resolution like 1600x1200 instead of 640x480?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
not really.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
well... it looks better at a native LCD res if you have an LCD panel., since everything bug native is blurred

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm playing this on my Sony Trinitron 21" CRT monitor actually. I'm not sure what settings I prefer yet though. Still fiddling around with it and using shaders.

Any settings or shaders you guys suggest to enhance the graphics for this game?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts