Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
they dont show up in the list when you try to select one to configure? are you launching the emulator via shortcut? if you are the "start in" field in the properties menu of it is probably incorrect so you need to modify it manually so it is looking in the directory with the executable in it, otherwise it will look on the desktop for the plugins.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
what i mean is when you want to use epsxe, do you launch it from a shortcut to the executable on your desktop or do you just launch it by clicking the executable directly?

if you are doing from a desktop shortcut, its likely that "start in" field is not actually looking into the directory where the executable is located, and when that happens the emulator will not be able to detect any plugins and in some cases the BIOS as well, it ends up looking on the desktop for them. basically when you try to configure the plugins it will give you that message about it not being able to find them.

right click the shortcut and select "properties", then look for the "start in" field and modify it so it is looking into the correct directory that the executable is stored in.

edit- if you still need help with doing what i have suggeted just read over the thread below because the user in there was having the same problem i am suspecting you have run into, i included a pic of my shortcut with what area needs to be modified highlighted so it should be pretty simple to fix (dont type in the exact "start in" field shown though since thats my own directory path)

http://forums.ngemu.com/psx-plugin-...epsxe-not-working-something-do-configure.html

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
you want to configure it to look in the root (main) directory, the plugins folder is just a sub-directory and does not contain the executable so linking to that in the "start in" field will not work.

"C:\Program Files\Emulation\Emulators\ePSXe\epsxe170"'

what is not in bold is what you want to link to (the main directory) in the end, everything before that is my custom path to it so you need to replace that with whatever the path to your own epsxe directory is. think of it as a manual re-direct sort of thing.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
playing from an image will generally reduce loading times and possibly eliminate stuttering that occurs when the disc is being read from the drive. it will not however, inrease frame rates.

if you want to have better frame rates you either need to upgrade your video card, get a faster CPU, or modify certain settings. for the most drastic results you are going to be doing a combination of all three. can you post a screenshot of how you have your plugins configured?

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
yeah just a shot the config menu for the video plugin so i can see what settings you are using. can you also tell me what the brand and model name of the CPU you have in your system is?

edit- use this if you do not know.

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.