Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new to the whole emulation scene, I haven't even gotten to test successfully yet. My sound and cd plugins and whatnot seem to be working fine, but none of the video plugins I have tried are showing up, so I assume they are not compatible with my Graphics card (an SiS) is there such a plugin that is "generic" and works with all video cards, or something compatible with them? I looked over countless google pages and faqs but have had no luck. If anyone knows how to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated. My system is a widows xp home edition with a 1.69 GHz processor and something like 480 MB of RAM, if that helps. Please respond asap

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for he quick reply, I'm not really sure what you mean. Here let me retype the problem.

When I go to the configure wizard it says that it was not found in the plugins folder, despite it being in there.

Does that help?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I did this correctly, you meant to put the link of the plugins into the "start in" field right? I did that and I got the same error. Am I doing something wrong?

On a side note, I WAS launching it directly from the folder but tried what you said and made a desktop shortcut.

I bet I'm doing something wrong.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This isn't directly related to this topic but I didn't want to start a whole new topic. I've had a bit of a problem.

The emulator has been working fine, but the game and sound are only at about 90% speed, it's not unplayable, but it's really annoying having everything lag a bit. Is there anything I can do that will make it just a bit faster without having to buy more RAM? Like changing some options in the configuration? Also, does a game usually run faster if it's from the realy CD in the drive or as a ROM?

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't have a camera on hand so I can't take a picture, but I'm pretty sure all the setting are on 0 or 1 (pretty much lowest setting I think)

I have a Windows XP Home Edition (2002) Windows Service pack 3 manufactured by Powerspec, 1.69 GHz. Processor, 480 MB of RAM, and I just downloaded and update for my video driver or whatever, it's an SiS 650 card. Not sure about my sound card or anything.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really sorry for the late reply.

The only game I've used so far (pretty much to test it) is Medal of Honor from a disc in the drive, but I'm going to try FF8 and Gran Turismo soon.

I will try as you say, if anything has problems I'll post back.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did what you suggested and Petes 3DX (something like that) has pretty much solved the problem, only thing now is I have been playing FF8 and Legend of Dragoon but when I get into a random battle, it will take forever to get into the fight, like instead of the couple of seconds it will take like 15 plus seconds, is that normal for epsxe in general? Is there a little thing I can do to fix the problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.