Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Whole Emulator Crashes when i try to load Vagrant Story, it worked before but now it doesn't.

WinXP
2,4 GhZ
512 mb Ram
Radeon 9200se

Plugins:
GPU: Pete D3D
Cdrsapu

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Did you change *anything* in your pc right before it started crashing? Like, changed drivers, installed windows updates, etc? Could you post your plugins configurations?

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I'm a little perplexed. Does it show any error messages when crashing? have you the logs enabled (run->enable logs)? If so, does it show any error message there? Have you tried loading from an iso? Have you checked your computer for virus, spyware, adware, malware, etc?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The iso works but it is very slow with any of the plugins, there was one error while creating the iso, the disc has some scratches. I've tried the toothpaste trick i am gonna try the freezer trick over night.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
What did you made the iso with? Try CloneCD or Alcohol 120%, they've got great error recovery algorythms. About the slowness, you could try playing with peops gpu plugin. Anyway, post your settings. Keep in mind that a 9200 is a pretty weak card, and will need to disable some things to work decently.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
A 9200SE should be more than enough to run PS games, except when it comes to anything framebuffer related :p. If everything was cranked up (high res, texture filtering set to 6, hi-res textures turned on, etc.) there might be a problem but with basic settings it should be OK.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used isobuster, i will try Alcohol 120%.
I really want Vagrant Story to work, it's one of my best games.
I tried to play FF8 from an iso but it crashes in the opening movie do you think it could be the same problem?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
No it shouldn't be the opening movie, I've got almost the same specs and the game ran perfectly for me. I also have a Radeon 9200se and never updated my drivers yet :p

I used about the highest settings in pete's D3D plugin and it ran very well. I'm sorry but I don't have my exact configuration anymore :(

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I'm honestly surprised, my 9500 is far stronger, and it has it's own share of problems under certain configurations. What i wanted to point is that certain options, like hi-res textures or screen smoothing, wich people like to enable easily, might be too much to use on every game with a 9200. Again, please post your settings for the gpu and spu plugin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have switced to P.E.O.P.s and my is like this
Plugin: P.E.Op.S. Soft Driver 1.1.16
Author: Pete Bernert and the P.E.Op.S. team

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x1024 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]
Stretch mode: 0
Dither mode: 2

Framerate: