Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running nullDC 1.0.3 and I seem to be having an issue/glitch with the character sprites. They seem to have lines of pixels running over them (shown). Does anyone know what the problem here is?

Also, being a Vista User, I have the dreaded sound crackling problem. I have fixed it with the buffering guide (Thanks to pointBLANK) but I have noticed that the sound has a split second delay for syncing with the Display. I'll make a guess and assume that this is due to the buffering changes. But is there any way to Perfect the sync between Audio and Video?

I have tried all 4 of the different sound plugins and have no improvements whatsoever. I am currently using the nullACIA sound plugin (with Sync Audio enabled) which seems to be the best plugin for the moment.

Specs.
Windows Vista 64Bit
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz
4GB RAM
8800GT 512MB

Picture 1

·
Premium Member
2,299 Posts
Disable anti-aliasing from your video card's configuration panel, if there is an option to switch/alternate pixel center mess with this option too. Also try switching to full-screen using 640x480 as the selected resolution.

Perfect sync is not possible through direct sound on Vista due to driver/Vista limitations. The next version has some workaround for the Vista sound issues that would make things better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disable anti-aliasing from your video card's configuration panel, if there is an option to switch/alternate pixel center mess with this option too. Also try switching to full-screen using 640x480 as the selected resolution.

Perfect sync is not possible through direct sound on Vista due to driver/Vista limitations. The next version has some workaround for the Vista sound issues that would make things better.
Thank you very much for the sprite problem. It worked perfectly.

Also, is there any word on when the next version will be out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I have similar problems. I think it may be to do with my hardware; I'll explain what happens before going on to that. I load up NullDC with Mvsc2 "in," and the game seems to load up fine except for the small matter of cetain sprites. It appears that I am faced with a kind of art-deco deconstruction of the game - clean lines and shapes, no text, simply boxes where characters should be selectable. It seems a whole "layer," of the game has been removed.

I would happily take a screenshot if anyone can tell me how! I was sure I used to know.

I'm trying to get this to run on my laptop. Specs:

Xp professional service pack 3
Intel Pentium M 1.30ghz
1.24Gb Ram

I believe the issue may be the lack of a proper video card? Although, of course, I have no idea? I think it's a kind of basic intel thing... No idea at all what it is called.

If you couldn't tell this is a "new," computer.

I am also using NullDC 1.0.3 with standard plug-ins. Is there a plug-in which magically fixes things out there?

Thanks in advance for any help, let me know if I need to give anymore info!

all the best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it is an intel video card (i think it is the "chipset," thing above)

I will look for the "Chankast PVR." Any chance of letting me know what it is? I am very new to DC emulation! Or rather, this is my second go in a year becuase it got boring trying to get it to work last time!

how do I "try," it?

Thanks for your help.

-Chris

Edit:

Is the Chankast PVR the plugin which is called "chankaPvr_win32.dll"?

Because i have that enabled/on. Am i better off using Chankast for this game? I only say this because of reading there is a menu choice which says "capcom hack." This to me sounds synonymous with "magic fix button." Or am I talking gibberish?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I may.. Or may not. More info would help. :)

And Nfp888, I'd like to see a screenshot. It could help a lot.

Anime Mansion?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Intel chipsets don't support everything needed by nullPVR; the Chankast PVR plugin does more on the CPU. You might get good results with nullDC 1.6; the newest version of nullPVR requires additional hardware features.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hmm

The chankast PVR does not seem to work. Are there different versions of it?

If this doesn't work does it simply come down to me not having a good enough computer?

I will keep fiddling with things incase!

-Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.