Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently reformatted my hard drive and ever since then I've been having serious sound problems. Before I reformatted I never had any problems but now whenever I load up a game the game plays but I don't get any sound at all. On top of that it cuts off sound on my entire PC and I have to reboot or do a system restore to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
The latest drivers from your soundcard's website or the latest drivers from Windows Update?

BTW - What OS are you using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Sigmatel HD Audio sound card and I have to get my drivers from the Dell website and I have. I've also fully updated my computer through Windows Updates.

These are my PC specs:

256MB ATI Radeon graphics card
1GB Ram
Pentium 4 Processor at 3.0Ghz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've tried out ePSXe emulator and at first I was using the standard sound plug-in that came with it but I looked around and installed the Eternal sound plug-in that was version 1.5 beta 2 I believe. I've also tried the PSX 1.13 emulator and the sound also cuts out while using it. Maybe it's an emulator thing? But I wasn't having any trouble like this until I reformatted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it seems I have solved my own problem. Turns out the 360 controller I was using as my controller during gameplay is a faulty one. When I plug it in, my computer sees it not only as a controller but also as a 360 headset so the sound was trying to play out of the controller and not my speakers :p. But all is well since I have another controller I can use.

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.