Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all .
ehm i have installed Dolphin_3972 and would like to play mario paper but i dont get a picture .
i tried with a previous version Dolphin_3661 and i got one x) ...
wehre is the problem ?

my specs are :
Windows XP 32 bit
Intel quad Q6600 @ 2,40ghz
2gb ram
ati radeon hd 4800

thanking you in anticipation
sry for my english :???:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Use IL version. ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey ein deutscher :D
ok da dein english nich so gut is helf ich dir ma auf deutsch. Also zuerst mal ist Revision 3972 alt. Hol dir ne neuere wie z.B. 4470. Dann benutz das D3D plugin is nämlich schneller. Und sag mal obs dann geht ok. Und versuch es mal mit der IL Version kann manchmal ganz hilfreich sein.

english:
Hey a german :D
ok since your english isn't that good i'll help you in german. First Revision 3972outdated. Download a newer one like 4470. And remember to us D3D Plugin because it's faster. After that tell me if it worked ok. And also try the IL Version it's better in some cases

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can i get the lastest version ? :D ...
well i downloaded Dolphin_Win32_r4460 & Dolphin-r4472

i started to run the game then came a warning:
failed to grab 1 gb of contiguous memory!
bla bla x) ... is it important ?

well i started it again and the game was all right.

where can i get "D3D plugin" ?
do i need a certain d3d plugin ?oO ...

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
The D3D plugin is already installed with the emulator. If you dont see it in the drop down menu, in config>Plugins.graphics, you need to update directx. For fixes to the "failed to grab 1gb of contiguous memory" error search the forums.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you wanna update your DirectX go to Microsoft page. But if you can already see the D3D plugin in the Dolphin plugins options you should be able to use it (which means you don't need to uptade DirectX).
About the "Failed to grab..." error. Well you can't fix it on SOME PCs. For example I have an older PC with WinXP32bit and it also has this error. I've done everything that was mentioned in this forum and nothing worked. I was never able to try Dolphin on this PC so... yeah it's not going to work on every PC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
first of all i want to thank you ! nice support :thumb:

i updated my directx to the version:9.27.1734 ... x)
now i can see dolphin "direct 3D9" (is that the D3D plugin ?) , opengl and software renderer.

i will search the error ;)

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
For the "Failed to grab 1GB of contiguous memory" error, try following the advices listed in this old thread.
Besides, the error might have to do with Kaspersky 2009's modules... or maybe just because you have too low memory...

·
Registered
241 Posts
BTW if you guys wondered the game is finishable from start to the end. I Just did it yesterday. Well there are some graphic bugs here and there (Paper effect, if there are many enemies you can't see 'em)and the sound isn't always there but thats not important for me. The game looks much better on PC and is IMO funnier than on GC/Wii. So yeah I can just tell everybody who loves this game as much as me...play it and hf ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i solved the "Failed to grab 1GB of contiguous memory" error.

BTW if you guys wondered the game is finishable from start to the end. I Just did it yesterday. Well there are some graphic bugs here and there (Paper effect, if there are many enemies you can't see 'em)and the sound isn't always there but thats not important for me. The game looks much better on PC and is IMO funnier than on GC/Wii. So yeah I can just tell everybody who loves this game as much as me...play it and hf ;)
yeah i played the first game from paper mario on n64 <3

mh ... i started to play mario paper and it looks like that they are many graphic bugs than before but faster :D ...
by the dolphin build 3972 was the graphic "normal" but much slower x) ...

maybe my mario is damaged ...
where did you get your paper mario ?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I got my Paper Mario from Saturn. It's a gaming shop with all kind of games and PC stuff. Are you sure you are using the D3D plugin ? For me the graphics are almost perfect. What kind of graphic bugs are there anyway ? Could you post a screen ?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
See the page of issues of Dolphin in its official Google Code; they say that the r4468 is the culprit of corrupt graphics in Paper Mario: TTYD. :mad:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.