Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a problem with my router(linksys wireless) A few nights ago i got my laptop to connect to my router and have internet. The next day, i lost the connection. It said it could not find a signals in the area. During that night it worked, i had to turn off the power to my desktop (which also gives power to my router and modem) to look at my computer. The lights on my router say it is on. Anyone help? Thanks

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump..

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
is the router right next to your PC? the signals are very sensative and can get corrupted easily from electronic noise. if so try moving the router.

also remember the router is effected by atmospherics as well, like on a hot day the signal might be weaker than on a cold day.

what is the usual signal strength when your laptop connects?

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its usually at 4 bars. the router isnt all that close to my pc its like maybe 10 feet?

·
band
4,912 Posts
in the room i am renting i have my router beside a microwave. whenever i microwave something my internet becomes unstable/goes off. maybe someone likes to use the microwave throughout the day? ~__~

the cordless phones is also a possibility, esp if they are 2.4 ghz phones.

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes thers a cordless phone next to it. Im picking up my neighbors wireless router, LMAO i wish he didnt have a pass on it lmao. ill try moving the router a lil or something

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well that was easy!!! ire plugged in all the wires and it started working! alrightty then. well thanks sfor the help anyways, if it stops working again ill blame it on teh phones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.