Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to reinstall windows today and I went and reinstalled Epsxe and all of it's plugins and so on. Anyway, Now I can get all the in game graphics to work just fine but the MDECs are incredibly slow.. I'd say they are going at least half speed and the sound IS synced to it but of course going very slowly. Rhis is true for all games but I am particularly worried about Final Fantasy IX I'm using Pete's D3D 1.47 and Null2's Sound Driver and ASPI 1.2 CD plugin MDEC's are of course on and the timing IS enabled... If you need to know the options for The plugins internally let me know but I don't wanna type them if I don't need to (BTW.. MDEC's worked fine before I had to reinstall)

Thanks.

-Turk

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Sometimes there is some problem with the CD.Due to which the Mdecs skip a lot.I play smackdown2! through the clonecd image.But when I use the CD the mdecs suck.So try using ISO's for good Mdec quality.

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you have a newer ASPI layer (by ForceASPI) installed before the reinstall? But you could check if it is the CD that is slowing down or is it something else by doing an iso of the cd. btw newest Pete's plugin set is v1.49

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try to use Barrett-Kazzuya CDR Driver, it's the fastest CD Plugin.
And then, try to use Pete's OpenGL 1.49 with 640x480 or 800x600 by 16bit and 5-5-5-1 textures.

·
Registered
16 Posts
might be the sound card, using the sq2500 i got full fps but switching to intergrated sound i got half the fps, 30 to 40, and this is with 800 duron

·
Registered
18 Posts
perhaps after you reainstalled windows you missed some of your custom settings in the OS configuration, which were changed back to default.
check if your cd drive supports dma and enable it. it can speed things a lot.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a way to make an ISO and I am not going to pay for it, I'd rather just play it on my PSX than going through that much trouble.. I dunno what to do, I pretty much say screw it as of now.. I don't know what to change.. nothing is different and I have DMA enabled on all drives that support it.. It's all the same..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts