Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people, anyone is having problems with the latest detonator drivers?? because I'm having problems with some games and emulators, including Bleem!... yeah, bleem runs too slow in hardware accelerate mode, thats impossible to play any games with it!! I have a nvidia TNT2 m64 with 32 MB, also, anyone knows how to disable that blurry effect the games have in software mode?? the old drivers doesn't did that. I like it, but I think it steals some speed to the games!!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
As far as i know the new ones are BETAS , so it there will be some bugs and thee new 23.xx , are buggy ! Install the offical ones or the 22.50 !

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Who said the 23.xx were buggy?
The only issue with those ones is the fact that all videocard tweaker(like nvmax)aren't compatible with them due to D3D reg encription.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, where can I download de "official Detonators drivers", because I though the ones I got from the nvidia web were the "official". also, how I disable the blurry effect the new driver has?? because I think it may affect the performance of my card.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Originally posted by SadAngel
ok, where can I download de "official Detonators drivers", because I though the ones I got from the nvidia web were the "official". also, how I disable the blurry effect the new driver has?? because I think it may affect the performance of my card.
If u downloaded the driver from www.nvidia.com, then it is the official one. The latest nvidia driver is v21.83, and the latest beta driver is v23.xx ( cant remember the xx ).

S

·
0 Posts
Or you can go to the site of the manufacturer that made your card and get the latest drivers from them. That is what I did. I was having problems w/the 22.50 drivers (at least that is what it seemed) so I went to ELSA, the makers of my video card and I got the latest video driver for the Elsa Gladiac GEForce 2 GTS, which is the card I have. The dirver is the same as the 21.81 and it works fine. This helped me and it may help you, SadAngel.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, I think the drivers in the cd that come with my card was the drivers I installed wich seems to be very, very old, so I start searching, and got detonators 22.80!. i fell the system more stable, and the card itself is performing better. I also noticed that the only game that I test with the card and bleem was castlevania SOTN. in hardware accel. the game runs very slowly, but when I run it in hardware it runs like in the PSX, even better because the driver makes a blurry screen and the things are less pixelate now. but plz, how can I disable that blurry effect??????

·
Registered
310 Posts
FYI the 2d interpolation(blurring) when you use Direct Draw doesn't cause(or if it does, it is not too noticeable) because it is done entirely in hardware, and if you don't like it try downgrading to older drivers, but if you can stand it play Castlevania:SOTN in ePSXe or vgs both IMO plays Castlevania better(finished it twice in vgs).

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was told that Castlevania SOTN doesn't work on EPSXE!!!! what a pain, I just got latest video plugins from pete, so I'll try it...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yeah the Detonator XP drivers don't work on my TNT. They work poorly for a while then become corrupted. It's strange because that nVidia says that the drivers work on all of there GPU's. Including the TNT.

:eyes:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey, castlevania runs smooth in EPSXE but it get stuck at the memory card select screen!! I think I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what!!! some advice plz!!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey I just come fom the nvidia website, the 23.11 Detonators drivers are official!! I have a question:

What is the difference, btw the GPU version of the driver, and the WDM version????

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, to get Castlevania SOTN past the mem card screen, for the first time, set country detect to force PAL mode. Even if you are using a PAL CD, set it to force PAL mode. I have the US NTSC version and that is what I had to do. After you select "new game", play until you reach a save point, save and then continue playing or exit, your choice. The next time you load Castlevania SOTN you should be able to use "auto detct" and the game should load just fine. It worked for me and before the game was doing the exact same thing that it is doing for you
As for the files, GPU and WDM, if you look around Nvidia's site some, you should be able to find out what the difference is.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey SxAmiga, thanks for your advice and valious help, shit, the guys at NGEmu should pay you, but i think you are just like some people, including me, that the best pay I get for helping someone is the fact that I'm serving somebody that needs something!

·
Registered
234 Posts
The beta detinators screwed the GL support on my GF2MX running XP. Damnit. I believe there are official 23.11 nvidia ones out now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m having no problems with the latest 23.11, though I was hoping they would fix problems with Black&White, but I guess I’m out of luck there. Guess that game doesn’t like my Win2k box :(

S

·
0 Posts
You are correct in what you assume about my liking to help people, SadAngel. As I have said before, "It is my way of giving back to the emulation community, some of what it has given to me."
Hairybudda, yes the 23.11 Detonators are out and they are official. Go to www.nvidia.com to get them. I got mine last night and they work excellently for me. Anothe member reported this last night, that is how I knew. I wasn't the first.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,073 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
You are correct in what you assume about my liking to help people, SadAngel. As I have said before, "It is my way of giving back to the emulation community, some of what it has given to me."
Hairybudda, yes the 23.11 Detonators are out and they are official. Go to www.nvidia.com to get them. I got mine last night and they work excellently for me. Anothe member reported this last night, that is how I knew. I wasn't the first.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
hmm. i have sound problem with all the detonators after v22.50. Since u say the latest driver works fine for u, so i am sure it is not my video card problem.. and u said that u r using 250 watt casing .. so it also cant be my power supply porblem... Still dont understand why the video driver can cause the sound problem ...

May be i have to buy a new sound card to fix the problem...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
anyone knows how to disable that blurry effect the games have in software mode?
Nvidia chipsets automatically applies a bilinear filter (the buring effect) on hardware stretched screens. Because this a very simple hardware feature of nvidia cards there will not be any performance hit; no matter how slow your CPU is.

If you REALLY want to disable the bluring effect, you have to go into the directX control panel and disable D3D Hardware Acceleration. If you do this, you WILL take a performance hit, since screen stretching will now be done in software.

the best solution, learn to live with the bluring effect of hardware stretched screens in D3D apps.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts