Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm playing FFX-2 but i've got some real annoying problems with FMVs. FMVs always flash and fps drops from 60 > 20-25 and goes back 60 again when FMVs finished. Is there any solution for these? I don't want to play FFX-2 without skipping FMVs. thanks!
my FFX-2 DVD is EU version (SLES 51815)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sounds like frameskipping with the flashing n all

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
The flickering of videos happens without frameskip/speedhacks. You'll need to use some interlacing mode, just press F5.

Nevertheless, on some FMVs I get part of a previous screen covering part of it. =_="

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
time to play through FFX-2 and document bugs i guess....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pressing F5 seems to work well, thanks to you guys. But fps is still low (20-30fps) when watching cutscenes. i don't know why it is although the average fps when i play ingame, travel or battle is high, over 50fps. does anyone meet this problems?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The reason the fmv's are like that is because you're graphics plugin is running in hardware mode. Selecting some type of interlace, or switching to software rendering mode should fix it. Also, this game needs a fast cpu to run fmv's at full speed. I had to overclock my i7 to 3.5 to get them running properly. As for the other problem, I don't have a solution for that, sorry :(, but try KrossX's idea.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The reason the fmv's are like that is because you're graphics plugin is running in hardware mode. Selecting some type of interlace, or switching to software rendering mode should fix it. Also, this game needs a fast cpu to run fmv's at full speed. I had to overclock my i7 to 3.5 to get them running properly. As for the other problem, I don't have a solution for that, sorry :(, but try KrossX's idea.
Somethings wrong in your system if you need 3.5 for this simple game.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Yup, the videos in FFX-2 are quite demanding indeed.
I get ~50FPS with an Athlon II X2 @ 3.22Ghz, in native resolution.

Interesting though, in Software mode there's no weird flickering at all (and other FMV issues also gone), and it gives me +2FPS or so. But, that minor boost is probably because the IGP is just horrible.

·
Whistler
133 Posts
another problem needs to be solved T.T . in Chapter 3, when i encountered with the first Deava in Kilika Temple, finishing it and i got my game black out, it didn't continue.
try the legacy-gui r1888 version.
I'm sure they reverted some changes in the legacy-gui r1888 version which made this bug gone, however the latest svn still contains the bug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.