Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to play a FFX.ISO on my boyfriend's laptop. He has a Windows Vista.

I guess.. I'll list the information on his Vista, and then explain the problem. I've tried everything to get the Lilypad Key's to work, and it's not working.

Inspiron 1526
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz
32-bit OS.

The problem is, whenever I config the Lilypad controller to do keyboard controls instead, I save it (which I recently did to see if the controls saved, or 'binded'). I run Pcsx2 with that, and my CDVDROM, and it gives me abunch of BS about some GS Plug in. So I have to load the save of Lilypad once again, and reconfigure the CDVDROM. So I finally get to the Sony Computer system part, and when I try to go to Browser, or something with the configured buttons it doesn't do anything.

I don't know if I'm doing it right.
Then there's the second problem, mounting final fantasy x. I've tried to use Alcohol 120%, AND then I tried to use Daemon Tools. Whenever I mount it to a Virtual Drive, it brings up the folder with the stuff in it! I don't know if that's right, or not. So when I try to run the CD it brings me INSIDE the folder, and it shows this. (screen shots down below) So if any of you can help me solve this problem, please. I've been trying to get this Lilypad/ISO thing to work for almost a few weeks now. I'm computer smart - but not ISO smart. :|

·
Registered
202 Posts
As for the first part of your configuration not saving and you having to re enter it each time sounds like you need to run the program as an administrator. Right click on the PCSX2 executable (The blue 2 icon thingy) and go to properties, compatibility, and check the run as administrator box and click the apply button.

As for the second problem instead of going through the trouble of mounting the ISO configure the CDVD plugin and select Linuz ISO. In the configuration of the plugin just select the ISO directly from there.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
As for the speed problems that will arise, not much you can do with an underpowered cpu like the one in that laptop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.