Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with Driver 2. At the main screen if I go into any of the other menus such as options and I try to scroll up and down it shows the main screen while I am in the options menu and I can't see the options menu. It doesn't matter which Graphics plug in I use.

I also can not save my game. I know I have the memory cards set up right because both work with GT2. When I go to save game it acts like there is no memory card at all.

I don't know if this makes any difference but i am playing the game using ISO because it is faster. and I have a

Compaq Presario 4882
P II 400 mhz
96 mb RAM
2nd Generation DVD
4x4x32x Philips CD RW
Voodoo 4 4500 PCI card

Any help would be appreciated.

B

·
0 Posts
im not really sure but...

since driver 2 is a high-detail game you computer might not be fast enough to be able to play it properly.
i also got a compaq its a 7462
sysinfo:
AMD K-6 2 @ 500 mhz
64 MB Shared Memory
Compaq DVD 8-x
Trident MVP 4

with this config i can barely even play any game at a decent speed but i would suggest you change your video plugin settings to this
use petes dx 6 plugin then near the bottom click on fast and then change off screen drawing to standard and set the resoultion to 640x480 full-screen. then change the frame settings check fps limit and frame skipping then turn off auto-detect frame rate and set it manually (120-200 should work well)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I played the NTSC(US) of this game and had the same jmenu problem. Maybe some of Bahamut's suggestion will help with that.(except for the FPS settings I'm not so sure about) Anyway I just kinda blindly guessed my way through thre menus. As for the saving you should try to press F4 once before you save and once after the save. This turns on and off SIO IRQ which is needed to save in some games. hope that helps

·
Registered
28 Posts
Omg...i had the same thing, although the screen didn't change, i could still move the scroller up or down...like he said...just blindly guess your way through it....LOL...:mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
yes I get the same problem, but with me i can see the menu but its all garbled and messed up garbage. Its possible to see MAIN GAME and other menus.

I might post a picture if i get the chance.

Oh, an I have a piii600 with a 133bus and 128 ram.

p.s. in game performance run fines, but just the menu problem...

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Too see the menus enable "Full vram primitives" (FV) in pete's plugins
disable it in-game to get perfomance

-Galtor-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks

I'll try some of those suggestions. The game actually runs pretty good and the sound doesn't even skip. As for saving I tried the savestates and they work but if I accidently press F1 it will save when I don't want it to. Oh well

·
The Wingman
201 Posts
there seems to be some crashing in some 3d plugins at certain points of the game as well (esp. lewpys).

usually night time missions and missions with rain effects in them.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Weird... I have just a Celeron-600mhz and a very, very, very old Riva 128ZX and this game runs pretty good and decent. GT2 hits 55 fps with full grid. Plus, I only use Pete's plugins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts