1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off,

System specs:

See signiture :)

ePSXe specs (as the ones in my sig are incorrect now)

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.53
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: 3dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Series Driver

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [16 Bit]

Textures:
- R5G5B5A1
- Filtering: 4
- Caching: 2

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: software

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00000200]

SPU: Standard ePSXe SPU core

Bios: scph7502

CDR plugin: Pete's CDR ASPI / IOCTRL Driver 1.7

Okay, I pop in a CD and fire up ePSXe, and all I get is a black screen and no activity from my cdrom whatsoevr... this happens with ALL my games btw.

I've tried various other plugin cinfigs (ePSXe WinNT/w2k core, Segu's cdrom plugin) with no luck...

I've also tried it with the SCPH1001 bios and still no luck...

All the games I want to play USED to boot the CD and play just fine... it's only recently decided to quit :(

I know I can use ISOs but i would rather use the CDs because I don't have tpoo much space left on my HD right now

(as to why I'm using Pete's D3D driver... well I posted a topic here about it and got no responces :( )

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Pete

I'm not sure your 1.7 cdrom plugin is compatible with WinXP... if you knew this I apologize, but I went back to the 1.6 version of your plugin and my cdrom works again :) Problem solved

(of cource it could be that I used adaptecs ASPI layeer installer to install an aspi layer... could that ruin it?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
:D :D
Sorry, but it's funny to someone talking with himself! :D :D :D

Now serious, the aspi layer was meant to be installed on Win2k machines that didn't ran with Pete's 1.6, not WinXP. Don't know if it'll ruin anything, but I don't recomend since you got it to work anyway.

·
Registered
874 Posts
1. my cdr plugin works very well on my XP system
2. you can try to install some aspi layer and use the W9x aspi interface mode, or (recommended) use a w2k interface (scsi or raw, whatever works best). Personally I am using the raw interface on XP. Dunno if all systems are supporting that, though.
3. as I've described in the cdr readme: if you are using the epsxe "Enable CDDA sound" option, no external cdr plugin will work right with NT/2K/XP. So turn the CDDA sound off!!! (look in the epsxe sound options...)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Whoa Pete! Sorry man.. didn't mean to get your gander up! In truth I installed the aspi layyer so I could get CDRWIN to work (it wasn't detecting my burner).... as for the CDDA.. I have this enabled in ePSXe and I have yet to encounter any problems with your plugin, it works fine so far

EDIT: DUDE!! PETE! LOL As soon as I read your responce my ePSXe would no longer boot!! LOL! I swear though, last night I was playing FFIX from CD and it was actually working! I swear! (and yes, I had cdda checked... it was checked this morning)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts