Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please help me...It's been really bothering me...the part when you have to cook something to restore your stamina and fullness, the thing is I can't see the button where I have to choose how many would I like to cook.

Here's the image:

I'm using no$gba with no$zommer. I've also tried changing the renderer, filters but still nothing works. I'll been looking everywhere for answers but it seems I'm the only experiencing this problem? Or does it have to do with my computer specs? Oh, I've also tried using DeSmuME still nothing.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Having not played this game, my guess from your statement that it's the same for Desmume is that it is meant this way. Can you perhaps adjust the amount by pressing up or right (on the keyboard)?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Please don't report errors unless you actually checked against a real DS running the game, just because you think it should be there does not mean it is.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
Just so you know guys that this game relies on very picky behavior in the 3d engine for doing its ui panels and I know of at least one place (ive never seen the one in this thread) in this game where an ui element is going to be invisible until we increase the precision of the 3d pipeline. Other people may be experiencing this problem but maybe they are creative enough to click around where the buttons ought to be until they find them. This may be fixed in a desmume svn release as some work was done on this code after 0.9.4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
smiley: you use the mouse to move around and make choices so i guess that won't work but i'll try.
SCHUMI_4EVER: I'm very sure that this game will properly work on a real ds. It's just that I can't afford one so I practically being practical by finding other means to play ds games. Sorry.
zeromus_: I've used the svn release of desmume since they told me that this game properly works in it but it's laggy and i still can't see the buttons although I've been able to use the buttons once but when I restarted the emulator it was gone. Is there anything we can do the increase the precision of the 3d pipeline? Sorry for asking the impossible. :)

Thanks for replying guys. Does anybody else have answers, theories? please?

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
Im not sure what "restarted the emulator and it was gone" means or why you were only able to use the buttons once. Sounds like operator error. There is nothing you can do to increase the precision of the 3d pipeline. It is just one of many tasks to be done, and not the highest priority since you can still play that game, albeit just with invisible buttons. The buttons still work even if you cant see them, you know.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I was not referring to the fact that it's broken on an actual DS I was referring to the fact that there may not be buttons on an actual DS because perhaps it uses a system where you press up to get more and down to reduce your count for instance....without having checked it against the real hardware you can't know what's there and not there.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
I could prove it 100% if this guy would post a savefile by shuffling the rendering order to reveal the missing buttons, but here you see broken and improved but still-broken behavior of gui elements in this game, and you see what an almost identical UI looks like in this game. I am as eager to chew someone out for not knowing the real game behavior as you are, but in this case, I think you are wrong. The only hope for you is if he possesses reagents sufficient only for one recipe and so it hides the buttons in that case, but the game doesn't do that in other cases, and I'm wagering he's not quite that stupid.

If you require further explanation, check gbatek for poly sorting, read what happens in cases of ties, and then imagine what happens if a rounding error due to something slightly wrong in the emulator bumps a gui element up or down half a pixel.

*edit: image host died

·
Registered
15 Posts
its not only for more and less thing when cooking..it also have problem when there is choices for us to choose..like in the beginning when it ask us to choose our gender..
do anyone has any idea how to fix this problem??

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
wait for desmume 0.9.5 where most of these problems have been fixed. i know for a fact the gender chooser was fixed.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
This thread, which mannchii thankfully dug up, suggests that EX4 fixes the problem. If true, this is yet another problem that could have been resolved faster and easier with the help of the board's search feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.