Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my hands on the SO2 iso, and I'm having trouble getting it to display correctly. The opening video plays fine, but once I get to the start/load screen, all I can see are the start/coninue/voice options, and its surrounded by black. I tried creating a new game anyway to see if it was an isolated issue, and the visual aspect of the game seemed to run fine (although I didn't bother to check past the initial dialogue box). As for the sound, it's choppy and sounds like someone is continually flipping an on/off switch when the audio kicks in during a voice-in right before the first scene.

Focusing on the video issue, I'm using epsxe 1.7. and I have it on the following settings:
Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce GTX 260/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio: on
- No render-to-texture: U

- Filtering: 6
- Hi-Res textures: 2
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 4/4
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000002]

I'm running on a core2 quad with 2gb ram and geforce 260, so its not a hardware issue, as running any settings on my computer shouldn't be a problem. I've tried using different gpu plugins (D3D, Dx6, opengl, etc.), but I just get variations of the same problem. It seems like I could run the game fine for the most part, but I worry about having to deal with this later on due to a freeze or bugged screen, and potentially missing out on dialogue or storyline will drive me nuts.

As for the sound, I'm running the eternal SPU 1.41 plugin with the star ocean 2 fix enabled. I'm hoping a simple configuration switch will work and that I won't have to download and configure a new emulator, but I'll take any solution that will solve these problems. Any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.