Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have used epsxe 1.7.0 before on this computer... due to a crash i had to re-install windows. it worked fine before the re-install, and now, when i go to play ff7, it loads to the point of "sony computer entertainment America presents" and goes to a black screen and refuses to load the rest of the game. i have even played this game on my old installment, and it worked fine. also, this isnt the only game that it does this, other games such as ff4 also cant seem to make its past the "sony computer entertainment america presents" screen... any ideas?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
No idea.

Please list your plugins, their respective settings, and your computer specs. (particularly your GPU)

I'm guessing that one or more of your plugins is set incorrectly and/or you're using a bad/old graphics driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Win XP professional
version 2002
Service pack 1

intel pentium m processor
1.60gz
512mb Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 6000/7000 series

i have Pete's opengl2 2.9 plugin with the "nice" settings... because i read that usually this is the simplest solution, however, it wasn't for me. and im using the epsxe 1.7.0 SPU core audio driver, and CDR ASPI 1.7.0 driver. Also as a side note, whenever i go to configure the soft video plugin, espxe crashes.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Install Windows XP SP3.

For the CD plugin, ASPI won't work unless you have ASPI installed on your system. Use an IOCTL plugin instead. Better yet, just use SaPu's latest CD plugin.

Double check your graphics card. There is no such thing as a Mobility 6000, but there is a Mobility 7000 and it doesn't support OpenGL2. You'll have to use the OpenGL, D3D6/7, or "Soft" GPU plugin.

As to why the "Soft" GPU plugin is crashing, it may be due to your system not being updated. Be sure to use windows update and install all recommended updates after SP3 is installed and update ALL of your drivers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.