Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Im already finish the disc 1 of the ff8 game...... but when i put the disc two.. and start running the game, the windows close and in the DOS windows say COPO Opcode 1d UNK... and i cannot play....and i already make an iso of the disc and the same problem happens...so any help will be apreciated

my specs are
Compaq Presario notebook with AMD Athlon 900 mhrz 128 sdram
20 gigas of disk drive , Ati mobility m1 8megas and im using petes d3d 1.5 and running Windows XP Professional

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Can you boot disc 2 by itself? Try loading your save from there if possible. Otherwise it may be that your cd is scritch-scratched.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, i dont think that my cd is scratched , because if i cant make a iso of it that mean that all sectors of the cd can be readeable? but maybe....
any other possible solutions?

Sorry for my broken english but my natal languaje is spanish

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by PunkSk8
I think that is the PAL version, Because is in spanish:)
Then try patching the iso with a patch or use petes cd rom pluggin to patch it while playing..

Use a search engine like www.google.com and search for "psx patches".. find the appropriate version of FF8 patch..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanx for the info...
im looking for that patch in google...
by the way.... what is a Opcode , its a error on scrached cds or what??
i just want to know :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey....
im already try all the patches i found, but i doesnt seems to work because the same error COPO Opcode id UNK apears
so anyone can tellme what is the meaning of that error
and another posible solution....tnks

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Hey....
im already try all the patches i found, but i doesnt seems to work because the same error COPO Opcode id UNK apears
so anyone can tellme what is the meaning of that error
and another posible solution....tnks
That error either means that there is some sort of protection scheme on the disk or the game isn't compatible with epsxe yet.. But FF8 is compatible so it's probably some type of copy protection on the FF8 cd that is causing that weird error.. Make sure you get the Spanish Patch for your Pal version of FF8..

Here, try this SPA Pal FF8 patch I found for ya..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man thanks for the file....
but i have to put the patch and burn another cd or just with the pete´s cdr plugin? :confused:
Anyways thanks for the help

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Hey man thanks for the file....
but i have to put the patch and burn another cd or just with the pete´s cdr plugin? :confused:
Anyways thanks for the help
'

either use petes cd rom pluggin or parch the iso and run it with the "run iso" option in epsxe..

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
'

either use petes cd rom pluggin or parch the iso and run it with the "run iso" option in epsxe..
ehr... better whit pdf option in pete´s plugin I think :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well....... i try all the patches...but i can´t ...
now with the patch , i try to play in any disk and when is the time to change to disk two , i try but now epsxe says something about
the Opcode unk but now says something like this (PC 0000(numbers) (numbers) but rigth now i cant tell ya exactly the numbers but im so sad..... because i want to finish the game :(
any ideas?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Have you tried saving your game with memcard at the end of the first disc, quitting the emulator, loading up the second disc all by itself(not switching when it tells you to, but loading disc 2 FIRST) and then loading your savegame from the memcard? That should do it.

Amberion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts