Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done my research and downloaded all the necessary plugins and put them in the plugin file. When I try to configure ePSXe for video, the drop-down list is empty and there's nothing I can put in there. ePSXe has not worked for me for any versions. Here's my computer's specs:

HP dv6628us
Windows Vista Home Edition
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Inside @ 1.46 GHz
Graphics: Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family (I have a DX6 D3D plugin, the latest I believe)
Memory: 2GB RAM

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Don't place epsxe in the program files folder, and make sure any shortcuts have the target folder defined as the folder that epsxe.exe resides in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh I hate to say it but that didn't help at all. The problem is that I'll start it up, but if I try to configure it, the plugins won't be found on the video plugin windows. It has the drop down list, the test, config, and about buttons, but the drop down list is blank. That's the only problem I'm having so far. epsxe wasn't in the program files folder and i just go directly to the executable file, are there any other possible explanations? I'll try and make a video using HyperCam to show what the problem is exactly.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
disable UAC or run epsxe as admin as it requires registry access.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did both and still no improvement. I've uploaded the video to YouTube, I'm just waiting for it to process.

*edit*
Actually, it's live now, but after watching it on YouTube, it's too blurry to read. You can still see what my problems are though. The video is called "ePSXe 1.7 problems".

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
are you sure you have actually extracted the plugins from the archive into the directory?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, nevermind, forget this whole topic. For some reason, I tried to record what my problem was using HyperCam, and I decided to right-click and open the ePSXe folder so it comes up in a window instead of list, and then I clicked the exe file and all of a sudden the wizard guide started working. So, I don't know what changed, cuz I changed nothing, but everything works now.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Explore launches in a different process then Open. Right click the epsxe.exe and click create shortcut, then drag it to the desktop or a folder on the desktop, it'll always launch properly then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts