Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to switch the resolution from the default to 1200 x 800. So, I went into the config menu, then to video, made my adjustments. When I restarted epsxe and tried to load my ISO it reads "Missing render texture extension" and "No pixel format available" I figured that I just couldn't run that resolution for some reason, so I set it back to defaults. When I tried to load the ISO again it still read the same error.

I am running "gpupeteopengl2" the first time I went into the config menu on epsxe the "select plug-in" box was empty and I had to select the plug-in to alter it. After becoming quite frustrated with the program I decided to scuttle it and re D/L. After re-D/L'ing it I got the bright idea to try altering the resolution again, now the same problem happened again, but this time when I re-D/l'd it. I am still getting the same error. everything is properly placed in the folders. It was running perfectly until I had to alter it.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, it took a system restore and re-D/l'ing some key files, but I can run epsxe properly again. Now I am just curious about the proper way to change the resolution, if it can even be done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I was still curious after fixing the problem... I went into the configuration post and followed those steps. just by selecting my plug-in I get those errors again... and am now stuck unless I restore my comp again.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
Sounds like you have Intel integrated graphics from those errors. Use Pete's "regular" OpenGL plugin instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I got 3 different 1.77 plug-in's. They seem to work really well, except with FF7. Would one of those be the "regular" plug-in you were talking about?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
the OGL1 is what he is talking about, what you were using before was the OGL2, which is intended for higher-end and/or more recent video cards. those errors typically show up when either your hardware does not meet the requirements or your drivers are not up-to-date.

what is FF7 giving you trouble with, frame rates?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was running clean and fast, but when a battle started I couldn't see my battle menu. It was all blacked out except for my second characters max life. those 3 numbers were the only thing I could see. I went and d/l'd about 6 different plug-ins and now have one that runs perfect. Thanks for the help though.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
you need to increase the off-screen drawing setting in the compatibility section to fix that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts