Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately since i just built my computer, i have been trying different games and programs out again. First thing i tried was pcsx2, and it is giving me an a problem with mtgs checked on it. And recently i tried my beloved AoE2 game. And to no avail it wont let me play:( it goes and does like pcsx2 does, just exits out without saying any errors. I go and choose the teams and all like that, when i hit start game it just closes. Problem with my XP? Was hopin i wouldnt have to reinstall, its likethe 10th time i have in a few months:drool:

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
are you using the default drivers or updated ones

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
I don't want to mention the obvious but mostly if you have problems with new games then new drivers is the way to go.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
AoE works fine on XP, just make sure you have the latest application compatibility toolkit, the latest codec packs (Age of empires 2 uses Indeo Video 5 iirc).

make sure you have the 1.0c (1.0e is preferred) update installed.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it working before i took apart my pc thats the whole thing. All i did to my pc was take apart and reassembled my water cooler, cleared the cmos, (forced to when I cut power) and everything is the same, except a few things just wanted to stop working. And i guess i can try the aoe update, buti think its already installed.

Iamwhatiam, its not new games thats the problem, its just some of my previously installed games dont want to work. And even pcsx2 not wanting to work right.

·
I has got Anatidaephobia
1,345 Posts
check whether your system voltages are in limits and run a system benchmark software like PC mark and see if your system is stable or not. For pcsx2, did you try downloading the binaries to a new folder

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
reboot hold F8, select last working configuration

if that doesn't make it work....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts