Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I could not get the emulator to run properly. I had ripped my own bios and downloaded all the appropriate plug ins. I was lost.

Everytime I started the emulator, it would tell me that it had to be configured. I would go through with configuring it and the program would close itself. When I restarted it, it would do the same thing. Every time.

I tried Refraction's advice of cancelling out of the configuration menu and then starting again, but to no avail.

After a few hours of trying different things, I tried running the program through the MS-DOS command prompt. Everything worked fine. Turns out it's an issue with Windows XP (Home).

So if you are having this issue, there are two things you can do:

a) simply use the command prompt to start the emulator, it takes longer, but it works

b) you can write a simple bat file that will run the program from a shortcut

I wrote a bat file myself that works just fine. Everything runs beautifully.

If you're not familiar with bat files, just hit the start button and then run.

Type notepad and hit enter. When notepad opens enter the following:

@echo off
start /d "c:\emulatorz\ps2\" pcsx2.exe

where c:\emulatorz\ps2\ is the path to your Pcsx2 directory.

Now hit "file", then "save as". Navigate to your Pcsx2 folder, set the files type to "All Files", and save your new file as Pcsx2.cmd

You're done. Now clicking on that cmd file, or making a shortcut to that cmd file will run Pcsx2 through the command prompt and you should no longer have problems.

Hope this helps somebody (just so I don't look like the only fool with this problem).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I used the command prompt from the start>programs>accessories menu.

Well worth the trouble if you're having the same problem, but I wrote the bat files so that I could use a PCSX2 icon in my ObjectDock. Either way, it proved very successful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
man you did it the easier way. The correct way is you write a program that makes bat files for exes to run them. You write another program that runs those bats indirectly. Then you make a bat file. The Win32 version of PCSX2 version launches, you click on RUN ISO and your games starts 'doing' something in pcsx2.

BS: I never thought i'd see someone explaining how to run the PCSX2 in MS-DOS!! o_O

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.