Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All.
VGS Has A Strange Problem With My CD-Writer And DVD-rom Drive. If I Run Say The Pal UK Version Of Tomb Raider (sles 00024) On VGS With My CD Writer It Works Perfectly Except That It Will Not Read The CD Audio From The Disc. I Know Its Not Reading It Because The CDR's Light Isnt On When It Should Be Reading The Audio Tracks.
If I Run The Same Game On My DVD Drive It Works Perfectly (CD Audio Included!!) Except That It Will Randomly Crash Throughout The Game And Dump Me Back To The Desktop (Although Its Mostly Happens When Lara Picks Stuff Up!!)
What Im Tryin To Say Is That Is There A Way Of Getting VGS To Read The CD Audio Data From A Game On My CDR? (It Only Happens With VGS Running PSX Games-All Originals Not Backups)
My CDR Reads CD Audio Perfectly Just Not In VGS!!
And Also Is There A Way Of Preventing VGS Crashing When Using My DVD Drive?
Using VGS 1.4.1
Its Not Just Tomb Raider-It Happens With All Games With CD Audio Running In VGS.

Any Help Appreciated In Solving These Annoyin Problems :) :) :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
If You Have No Problems With The Originals, Play With Those. VGS Doesn't Allow CDRs On Some Systems. One Further Note - There Is No Need To Post All Words Capitalized As That Is Annoying And May Force Me To Inflict Massive Amounts Of Pain On You. That Isn't A Threat - That Is A Promise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Im A Black Belt ;)
No what i meant was i use the originals with vgs-but the same problem occurs with cdr backups. Its got to be problems with the drives?

·
Registered
186 Posts
It is more than likely that you don't have a CDROM audio cable attched to the drive that isn't outputting the CD audio. Either that or maybe your sound card config is set to only one drive or something... check it out. I had a (school rental) laptop with the same problem, and it does play normal CD audio so I dunno for sure.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
you can get patches that alleviate the "spit-out" problem. it is supposed to keep you from playing cdrs but it sometimes also keeps you from playing some cds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts