Next Generation Emulation banner

problem with super robot wars alpha (jpn)

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cid Highwind 
#1 ·
as title say i have prob with this game
i ended with no prob in an original psx but in epsxe at 46 mission
the screen go black and the music continue playing

any suggestion ???

#2 ·
Post your plugin config, epsxe version and system specs first plz so we can help you better :)

#3 ·
ok

video plugin pete's psx open gl diriver 1.64 standard config with window res at 1024*768

sound plugin iori direct sound driver 1.4

enable sound
enable cdda sound
enable xa sound
enable compression
enable high resolution mode
enable spu irq

i tryed many different config with no result

#4 ·
Hmm, I'm no emulation expert so you have to wait for some others to reply, sorry about that.

But perhaps you can try making an ISO of the disc, clean the disc, and try to read it at a low speed, and then try to get past that point. (normally I would ask if your cd was scratched, but since it runs on the PSX that shouldn't be the problem here)

Just my 2 cents :)

#5 ·
Cid Highwind said:
Hmm, I'm no emulation expert so you have to wait for some others to reply, sorry about that.

But perhaps you can try making an ISO of the disc, clean the disc, and try to read it at a low speed, and then try to get past that point. (normally I would ask if your cd was scratched, but since it runs on the PSX that shouldn't be the problem here)

Just my 2 cents :)
no i created the image with different ptg (like nero or clone cd at different speed
from 1 to 32x) and the prob still remains

#8 ·
i tryed almost ALL sound or GFX plugin ... same prob
and for the other emu .. well epsxe is the best of course the rest are simply patetic
they have prob with joypad gfx . crash a lot or are beta version ... or alpha
no man epsxe is - for me - The only Good psx Emu - no question

#9 ·
Its not a problem with the ISO, as it happens with my proper game disk. I doubt its a sound plugin problem, as I disabled all sound and still got it.

What you can try is when you leave the Intermission screen, hold down "Start" and keep holding it. That should get you past the first few freeze points, until you get to a point where Misato and Shinji are chatting. The sirens will then go off and the problem comes up again. Thats the only thing I've found that gets past the initial freeze point. I've gone through all sorts of plugins to no avail.
As far as I can tell its a problem with the emulator itself.

#10 ·
gatsu99 said:
i tryed almost ALL sound or GFX plugin ... same prob
and for the other emu .. well epsxe is the best of course the rest are simply patetic
they have prob with joypad gfx . crash a lot or are beta version ... or alpha
no man epsxe is - for me - The only Good psx Emu - no question
I just HAVE to reply to this one:

ePSXe might be the best, but the others are well worth the try especially when you seem to be desperate for help.... like you....

So there's no need to say the other's are crap, until you've tried them all.... IMO PSXEven is a very nice emulator as well. So next time you should just take the advice and try others.

#11 ·
i tested all the emu with or without this game
and epsxe is the emu with less bug ,it's not my opinion is a FACT
if you or other people want to use other emu ok then do it but
right now they are not yet stable/good enough to challenge epsxe

and about the game ... well with more try ... and yet more course
i am at level 60 right now but in the intermission screen after a sing of
min may this damn game freeze again , i found that if i set country on automatic
the game is a little bit more stable and freeze less (maybe is a prob of refresh ???)
i tryed the last plugin peops sound and gfx - no help !
is a prob of the emulator i think

#12 ·
Okay, I respect your opinion that ePSXe is the best there is, and yes, it's a common fact. But that does NOT mean the others are pathetic, they are making progress as well and though they aren't as good as ePSXe they are always worth giving a try when all else fails as in your case...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.