Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm fairly new to epxse. Am using it to run iss pe2. Within the game, all the save options seem to work ok - it creates the option file and saves it - it will save replays and the option file is 'visible' on the mem card. However, it's not writing physically to disc as next time I run the game, it says it can't find the option file and creates a new one.

expse works ok when I launch it directly but when I load epsxe via ePSXeCutor, I get the following error message:

* EPSX: DEMO not found [FILES\EPXSE\memcards\epsxe001.mcr].

Can any one help, please?

·
Registered
154 Posts
the directory fil should be EPSXE and not EPXSE or the other way round , i dunnoe, u check whether u have put the memory card in the right folder or not?:D

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Happy2K is correct here.

The demo not found message means that the emu can't find somthing and as it is pointing to the memory card it must be the case that something is wrong with the location that has been entered into epsxcutor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thks for the help. I've changed the directory name but still get the 'demo not found' message.

The epsxe_en readme file contains the following:
"Memory cards are saved now when you go to the main window and when you exit the emu incorrectly. It's still highly recommended though to close down the emu using the File -> Exit option"

Not sure what this is about as I can't seem to be able to access the File menu when running the emulator. The only way I can close down is clicking on X in the top right-hand corner of the DOS type box.

Any further help will be gratefully received.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Not sure what this is about as I can't seem to be able to access the File menu when running the emulator. The only way I can close down is clicking on X in the top right-hand corner of the DOS type box.

Press escape and you'll see an ePSXe window with a number of options (including File).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
still got problems

Thanks - am hitting 'esc' and exiting via 'file', 'exit'

epsxe is still not writing to the memcards but is creating a file called 'program' in the root of c:
this file is 128kb, the same size as a memory card and sometimes contains iss pe2 data and sometimes it doesn't

can anyone help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem sorted. Got some advice from others who've had similar problems saving with iss pe2.

I created a new config and with just one mem card and mem manager in the same directory as the epsxe.exe. Also gave the mem card a different name to the standard epsxe000.mcr.

Works fine - don't know why!

Problem with creating a file called 'program' in the root of C: was down to me - for some reason (finger trouble!) I had the mem cards configured as c:\program - apologies for any confusion this has caused.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts