Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I just want to express how thankful I am to the ePSXe team for making a great product such as ePSXe 1.52 and ePSXe 1.60, and I can't wait to see what comes out next when the time comes.

My problem may be on my end, but I'll just state it for the record. I recently have been having some slight problems with the memory card feature on the emulator. I'll save a file just as I normally would in a PS game and it'll say it's saved and such. Peachy. But when I reload the game say the next day or something, have the program read the memory card, the file isn't there! Or, in some rare cases (as I had with Threads of Fate) an OLDER file was there.

I have checked an re-checked my memory cards (I have three/four of them) and no such file exists. I also recently noticed that in some PS games, your saved files don't show up period from other games, but I haven't figured out yet if it's possible to write over them (without going into the BIOS and deleting them manually) I also found out Wild Arms 2 which I had thought was saved was gone as well. So, this has happened at least three times to me on different games.

I'm currently using version 1.6, but may end up having to go back to 1.52 seeing as I haven't had any problem with that emulator and losing my save files. So, I'm not sure if this is a common problem or not, I figured not since I haven't seen another thread on it.

Any suggestions here? In the meantime, I'm trying to play it safe with Save States which I haven't had any problem with, and saving to more than one memory card per file (kind of a hassle, but better safe than sorry). Thanks for the support, and despite these minor flaws, I still think ePSXe is the best emulator for the PSX out there!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
heh, play it safe with save states. those are the most unreliable ;)

when you are done, and after you save, press escape to exit to the GUI and then close it from there. i've heard that if you just close it from the DOS window or you force quit it, it does not save the memory cards properly (i have no idea why this is).

but, assuming that doesnt work, just use 1.5.2. it doesnt seem you are using the new things like multitap support and fixes for certain games (i.e. GT2)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was wondering about and concluding! The closing the "X" box thing. Thank you for your feedback on this matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts