Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, people i have one problem with Pe2 Italian version (PAL).
this is my config:
epsxe 1.60 with
video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.76
sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2.
cdrom: ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2.
The problem is that when i mount the iso on daemon tools, or if I run the iso from Epsxe i see only a black screen and the game doesn't work. I know that pal version should be protected and need ppf file, i found the ppf italian file for this game but i'm new and i don't know how to use it. So my question is: someone can explaine me in details with clear steps (because i'm not an expert with emulation software) how to configure the emulator + ppf + correct plugins+ all needs to run this game with this emulator? I need your help! (if you want contact me in pm is also good :) )

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
just make an image of your disc in a format that supports sub-channel data to get around the copy protection, .ccd/.img/.sub for example. tutorials can be found in the link below.

you should also update your epsxe version and plugins, 1.7.0 is the latest version and has numerous fixes and improvements over previous versions so i suggest doing that as well. plugin downloads can be found in the psx plugins section of ngemu or you can get some of them from pete's website.

http://forums.ngemu.com/misc-psx-discussion/34515-how-make-perfect-backup-psx-games.html

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then; I have updated my version of epsxe to 1.70 with last plugins and i'm sure that it's ok. Now I have changed my iso file in to .cue ccb as you said me with link you have posted with clonecd. I enable subchanel reading and -pe2 in destination folder but.... BLACK SCREEN !!! I don't know if it necessary a ppf file with italian version, but it's clear that there is a problem with the protection of game.

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
well if you converted the format into another one directly then that is probably why. what you need to do is make an entirely new image of the game disc in .ccd format.

the problem here is that when you convert a format that doesnt support sub-channel data, .iso for example, that data will still be missing once the conversion is done regardless of what the new format is and what it

supports. so basically if it isnt there already, its has to be retrieved from the original source, the game disc itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.