Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I install the cards drivers (wether it be on disc, from PNY or from nVidia) and then restart the computer, I can't get Windows to load. I get the loading windows screen, but when it changes the resolution to show Windows itself, the whole computer resets as if someone came and pushed the reset button. I've tried altering several BIOS settings with no luck. I've installed the latest BIOS and drivers for my motherboard. :help: :help: :help:

BTW, see signature. :p

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok try this.

As you have winXP try rolling back the driver to the one for your previous card. Then reinsert your previous card and restart. Then set your display to vga and completely delete the driver for your old card. Remove the card then put back in the new new one. Restart and install the drivers. Hopefully that works.

BTW I have only seen this once before and the only solution in that case for me was a complete format/reinstall.

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm, I already formatted/reinstalled the OS when I changed the card. There were no remnants of the old card whatsoever. (i.e took out old card, put in new, formatted drive, installed OS)

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sure . . . ummm . . . I'll try . . . I'll look for them . . . :)

[edit]I couldn't find the 14.xx series anywhere. I looked in nVidia's archive and tried a couple of the older drivers including the 12.xx series to no avail. I'm lost . . . :( :help:

·
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So important he had to say it twice :p. I think it's a motherboard thing, 'cause I get the same thing under Win98SE, also a fresh install. Benn thinking about it neways :heh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts