Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've booted up my old system yesterday when I finally had the energy to figure out what was wrong with it, turned out it was my graphics card (ATI 9600). I removed it and uninstalled the drivers and had my monitor plugged into the integrated graphics port of my motherboard.

The problem is that it was running really slowly so I thought that I should install the drivers for my integrated graphics (they are S3 pro savage) however when trying to install them I get an error message that creates a log file in the windows directory with this error.

"No display adaptor for specified vendor can be detected or hardware detection could not determine display adaptor type"

I assume this is because of the computer not recognising that the graphics adaptor is a S3 Pro Savage one, an idea supported by the fact that "Display Adaptor" is not in the device manager area however "Video Controller (VGA Compatable)" is in there, under "Other devices"

I thought maybe it had something to do with a bad un-install of the ATI drivers so I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows XP (service pack 2) but still have the same problem.

I then thought that maybe I should install motherboard drivers and that may then allow me to install the graphics ones, unfortunately I can't find them :hdbash: according to belarc advisor I have a 'First International Computer, Inc. AM39L PCB 0.x' motherboard but I still can't find drivers for that.

I should also point out that I couldn't get the graphics drivers from the S3 site because of them only having drivers for there Chrome and Legacy range but I have tried drivers for s3 pro savage from 2 other sites both giving that same error (as you'd expect, being the same program :D )

Anyway, can anyone help me out here?

·
Okama Way!
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, obviously I used google from the start, I wouldn't have been able to find any of the drivers or anything I mentioned in my origional post had I not done so, I even found the specific site you linked to in your post, problem is that doesn't help a whole lot. I already used the ID tool, tried thr proper drivers and got the error mentioned above hence my post here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.