Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am having an issue with my Gravis Gamepad Pro (USB) that I am hoping someone can help with. I've been reading the posts about gamepad issues and I think this is a new one. I have 2 ISOs, Vagrant Story and Chrono Cross and this happens with both games. When I load a game and play it for about 30 seconds, my gamepad completely stops working. The precision LED turns off and none of the buttons work, including the D-pad. Once this happens, the gamepad stops working with all applications, and I have to reboot to get it to work again. When it is working, it works with ALL other programs and it works perfectly with ePSXe until the above happens. If anyone has an idea for a fix, I'd love to hear it. I think something in the video options is causing this issue. Here are my settings:

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Fullscreen - [32 Bit]

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: on [00000800]

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
are your drivers up to date?

have you tried an emulator like PSXeven and a pad plugin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I do have the newest drivers for the gamepad. To your second point, I downloaded PSXeven and encountered the same issue. I don't know whether or not this proves anything, but any additional help is much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
you mentioned in the first post you thought it was a video plugin issue, why is that? if you think that is the case, try using Pete's OGL (or even OGL2) or peops soft and seeing if it makes a difference. you should be using OGL with that gfx card anyway ;)

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
I don't think the gpu affects at all, but as hushy said, you can try different plugins to see if it makes a difference. Are you sure it works right with other programs? Have you tried for as long as with ePSXe? It's likely a driver issue. Wich pad plugin did you use with PSXeven, anyway, and how did you configure it?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The weird thing is that, since I created an ISO of my Vagrant Story first, I used a different GPU (OGL2) and I didn't bother configuring it. I played Vagrant Story with my gamepad for the day, and when I created an ISO for Chrono Cross I switched GPUs and configured it, and that's when the issue occurred. Maybe the gamepad doesn't work unless I use OGL, but I have problems running Chrono Cross when I use the OGL GPU, which is why I was looking for help on here. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts