Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am actually on Gentoo Linux with kernel 2.6.9.
I have a Logitech Wingman Joypad (USB).
I have compiled my kernel with FULL USB HID support (not modular, built in) and logitech gamepads and joysticks suport (built-in too, not modular).
Anyway, who uses modular kernels nowadays.
I have also emerged ePSXe 1.6.0, and all is working just fine, except for the joystick.
How do I initialize and make it work with ePSXe under my system config?
That would be nice if somebody had a fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have similar system which I built with these instructions:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=146250&highlight=

At first sight it seems that you have needed stuff compiled. Maybe you should double check it yourself. Try allso to
#cat /dev/input/js0 (or 1,2..) and use your pad, it should print out some garbage if it works.

If it won't work, are you sure that even USB works, are you using usb mouse? That would be easiest thing to start up with if you don't I think..

And of course, you need epsxe pad plugin from plugins section of the site.

BTW, interesting comment on modular kernels, I'd think it just opposite way, who'd use monolite kernels nowadays :) I mean, bzImage stays small, you can load/unload modules on the fly, and re-compile / install them only if there's no change in inbuild modules/options. Only drawback is that not all modules will autoload, so some of them must be loaded in /etc/modules.autoload/kernel*

As you have such a similar system, which games have you succesfully run on epsxe on linux? Which plugins, settings, bios and so on? I have troubles with Gran Tourismos.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
ePSXe linux has support for pad plugins.

both Omnijoy and padJoy worked for me under Slackware. Proabably because my gamepads are mounted in a different place than the default place ePSXe looks in

1 - 3 of 3 Posts