Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've been googling around for about an hour and haven't found a good solution for this, and I greatly apologize if this has been asked before but I'm not finding a good answer.

I'm trying to play FF7 on epsxe 1.70 using Pete's Open GL Driver 2.9, and I'm wanting to play the game at an increased FPS (preferably two or three times the game's normal speed) and I'm wondering how to do so. Essentially I'm wanting to lock the game at a framerate of 120 or better in all cases, including battles. When I turn off the framerate limit (by pressing f4) I can get about 110-120 fps when I'm running around, but when I get into a battle it ALWAYS reverts back to around 60 FPS and I can't find a solution.

I'm running on an Nvidia GeForce Go 7600 (256mb) with an intel T2500 (2ghz) processor.

Essentially the answer I'm looking for is how to increase my FPS in battles, or just how to lock the game into running at a certain FPS no matter what. I'm certain my PC is powerful enough. Thanks in advance for any/all responses.

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
do you have the plugin limiter disabled too? i keep mine disabled and when i turn off the internal limiter with F4 it will speed up pretty fast regardless of where i am, battles included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
by "plugin limiter" do you mean the box that says "use FPS limit"? If so, I just tried it with it off, and saw an increase in speed in the running world, and even the battle swirl was sped up, but as soon as the in-battle appeared it dropped to 60.
I don't know if this is worth knowing, but I am running from a .iso, not a cd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.