Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I run FF9, it starts off at a normal speed and then slows down drasticaly once it gets to the Squaresoft logo and plays the movie at a very low frame rate. I let it play through the movie once and got to the menu where the speed seemed to return to normal, but when I tried to start a new game, it slowed down again.

My specs are:
AMD K6-3 450
128MB PC-100
GeForce 2 MX 32MB
Windows 2000 Professional

I've tried using Pete's OpenGL Driver v. 1.50 with the settings I saw here but it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Do you have full vram primitives or framebuffer textures enabled on Pete's OpenGL plugin? If so, you may want to switch these off. Also you may want to try to make an ISO image of your CD, maybe that is what is causing the slowdown.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried switching those off, didn't make much of a difference. I finally tried making an ISO and got it running at a good speed. I still get some slow downs during battles when a lot is happening but other than that it's very playable.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
In my experience with Lewpy's, resolution can make a huge difference in game speed without really affecting the game's appearance... try bumping your resolution down to 640x480 and see if that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts