Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running ePSXe 1.7.0 on a laptop that has a dual 2 GHz Intel processor, 4 GB of ram, and it has a Raedeon HD 3650. I'm using Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.9 for graphics and Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 for sound. Everything played okay when I first started up FF9, I had no lag in the cutscenes or anything, but then when I got to the fight with Baku when he has the dragon-looking mask on, it lags. So I go through the fight, mashing circle, and as it plays the victory part, its speeds back up again. This happens in nearly every battle, whenever the enemy is shown or when the camera is focused on one individual while they do their techniques. So I ask you, why is it doing this? And before anyone asks, "did you try other plugins?", YES. I've tried P.E. Op. S. Soft Driver 1.18, Pete's D3D Driver 1.77, Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77, Pete's Open GL Driver 1.77 for graphics, and Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41, Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16, and Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41 for sound.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going through and setting the amount of gfx card vram off of autodetect to 512 really helped it, thank you Squall! And thank you for helping jonc2006, I'm not sure why it couldn't see that... I also want to apologize for waiting so long to check back on this, I didn't know you guys were so fast.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.