Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I load Legend of Dragoon or FF9 the emulator sits there at a black screen. With FF9 it displays the published by squaresoft logo then goes black and stays black after that. I've configured my plugins in every way possible and can't get anything to work. Legend of Dragoon opens black and never does anything. Below are my video settings that work for FF7.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.53
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 3
- Caching: 3

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: on [00000001]

I do not normally go to forums and aggravate people but I am at a dead end. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. Thank you.
P.S. When FF7 tries to play a movie I get a bunch of garbled color trash. I imagine it is in my graphics setting as well...
:confused:

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
FF9 requires a patch to be added to the ISO, if you have the patch applied already, and u made the ISO, it could be because you CDR/W drive does not support RAW and DAO read/write.

With FF7 have u tried setting Offscreen drawing at setting 2?

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Afaik only FF9 Pal needs a patch, so unless he's using a import, there's no need to patch it. And even if he is, there's a feature on Pete's CDR plugin to patch the CD realtime. BTW, have you tried changing the CD plugin Kreeper900? Maybe you cdrom doesn't liked those games and refuses to load :) and you will have to mess a bit with it.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Try an iso for ff9. For Legend of Dragoon, make sure you're using the scph7502 as for many people it seems to only work if you use this bios.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 7501 bios-also got FF7 and FF9 working

If one of you could kindly tell me where I can get the 7502 bios I would appreciate it. I have the worst luck with finding stuff. Thanks for the help so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts