Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read the guide on dumping bios over lan and one of the requirements is a router with static ips how do i set that up? and if it's relevent my isp doesn't supply static ips. if this method isnt possible for me is there another way?

thanks

· A Square Fan!
592 Posts
If you own a USB device and your PS2 is moded (or you can use howbrew aplycations), you could use the modified version of the DumpBios to copy the bios directly to the device. Much easyer.

I haven't got a net adaptor, and this methods work (by Bios is dumped with this)

Sry, but I haven't got the file here. If you own a method to load hombrew post here and I'll try to get the modified one (or make it again)

· A Square Fan!
592 Posts
I found the iso. :emb:

Here you have the file (at the end, in attached files), and the instructions:

NEEDED THINGS TO USE THIS DUMP MODE:

-USBDevice in FAT/32 with 8MB or more space
-A blank CD-R/RW
-A moded PS2, or a mode to load homebrew apps

Extract the .iso file from the .7z file. (the same app to extract the emu)
You can download it for windows32->HERE and for Linux->HERE

Then you will only have to burn the ISO (121MB) to a CD-R/RW (if your ps2 supports -RW), with a burning app. Like Nero, DVDdecrypter, etc...

Insert the USBDevice (it has to be formated into FAT/32, haven't test with NTFS).

Then start the Ps2.
Use the method to load the CD-R/RW. If you have a modded one, just insert the disc.

THE SHOTS ARE FROM PCSX2, BUT IS ONLY TO EXPLAIN THE PROCESS, THIS SHOULD BE THE SAME IN THE PS2

Now it will show you this:

Just press SELECT.

LaunchElf is asking for a default action. Press CIRCLE ("O")

You have to check if the USBDevice inserted can be used for the dump
THIS STEP IS NECESARY, CAUSE IT LOADS THE USB DRIVERS.
Go to MASS:/ and press CIRCLE. If you see the root of your USBDevice, the dump should work ok. If you don't see anything the USBDevice is not correctly conected or maybe your drive is empty :p (like this)

Anyway, press TRIANGLE to go back to the root menu.

LaunchElf asks for a default Elf to load, we will select the DUMPBIOS.elf file in the CD drive.
Press "up" to select CDFS:/, and then press CIRCLE ("O"), you'll see this.

Press "down" 2 times to select DUMPBIOS-MASS, and again CIRCLE.

You have selected the default action, go to "OK" (press 2 times "Up").

We are ready, press CIRCLE ("O") and wait....
The count down to load DUMPBIOS.elf has started, don't touch anything and it will load soon.

When the DUMPBIOS starts, it will show this, and dump will start. It can take long, depends on your USBDevice.

It you get an error message, change the USBDevice to the second Hole, and start over (reset the PS2). If doesn't work, check you USBDevice, or try with another one.

Hope this all helps you.

EDITED: NOW IT SHOULD WORK. I've tested with V9 and works ok. The text "DUMPBIOS" in the last 4 shots is "DUMPBIOS-MASS" but I'm too lazy to change the shots :p

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Akio said:
if it just says "reading cdfs:/DUMPBIOS.ELF" and nothing else thats not an error rite?
That's why you're better off using a BIOS dumper mentioned in the guide, and not some hacked dump utility. Check the Useful Guides sticky for it.;)

· Registered
2 Posts
I've just intstalled the pcsx2 emulator. I already got the bios and I've configured everything as the manual says; but when I try to open a game from the dvd (and I'm using peops) it stops right after the play station 2 title. The game I have is Ultimete Spiderman. I read about creating a saved game but I just cannot find the boot.elf. Can anyone tell me where i can find it?

· EmuAddict-_-;;
2,853 Posts
Zorlac said:
I've just intstalled the pcsx2 emulator. I already got the bios and I've configured everything as the manual says; but when I try to open a game from the dvd (and I'm using peops) it stops right after the play station 2 title. The game I have is Ultimete Spiderman. I read about creating a saved game but I just cannot find the boot.elf. Can anyone tell me where i can find it?
How many times u want to post this q? Just read those stickies.:smash:

· A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Akio said:
if it just says "reading cdfs:/DUMPBIOS.ELF" and nothing else thats not an error rite?
Yes thats an error, It is fixed. It is due to the new 1.1V. I have go back to V1.0.

The Guide as also been updated (it had a big mistake :S)

General Plot said:
That's why you're better off using a BIOS dumper mentioned in the guide, and not some hacked dump utility. Check the Useful Guides sticky for it.
This should be in the guide, because a lot of people don't own a USB-USB cable (in spain is extremely dificult) or a Net adaptor and a router.

· Registered
3 Posts
T-wave,

I tried your USB dumping tool. It works sort of. First off maybe I don't know how to burn iso's but I couldn't get a CD-R to read with the file you provided on the PS2 so I put the dumpbios-mass.elf on my memory card to get it to load in Launch elf. It runs the program fine but the first partof dumping- dumping the BIOS - gets a failed mark but all other files dump properly onto the USB device (rom1, rom2, erom, and nvm). Also I have v7 not v9 like you said you tested. Any thoughts? Is it not being on the CD the problem? BTW thank you for making a dumper that works with USB instead of having make a network connection to dump the Bios.

· Registered
3,998 Posts
Why are we obligated to answer you? Signed a contract or something that said you get all your answers here??
If you dont get any replies it simply means noone knows.So dont bump old threads please.

· Registered
1 Posts
Dump bios and swam magic

Hi everyone

The cd did'nt work with magic swap
Sooo I used unly the usb stick :dance: :guitar: :dance:

I did that by opening the iso with winrar and extacted two files
boot.elf and Massusb something.elf
made the map SWAPMAGIC on the usb stick
rename boot.elf to SMBOOT0.ELF
rename Massusbsomething.elf to SMBOOT1.ELF
put them into te folder

put the usb in the ps2
Load swap magic
push UP+L1

follow the guide above
Choose the file on the usb (mass/SWAPMAGIC/SMBOOT1.ELF )
load it
wait till the four files are completed and DONE :guitar: :smash:

· Registered
3 Posts
My PS2 is not modded/moded, and I have no idea how to do so. I'd also rather not, since it sounds like something that would screw up my console.

I've been using a two-sided USB cord. Is there anyway I can use this to dump the BIOS file?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.