Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This hopefully will only be a short issue as my friend is currently cleaning a USB compatible controller that will be sure to alleviate my issue. But regardless, I am currently in a bit of a fix as I don't know how to make it respond to my keyboard. Obviously the keyboard is working, and that is all well and fine, but when I play a game it does not seem to want to recognize the keyboard as an acceptable option for how it receives commands.

Would love to hear is there is something I am doing wrong so that I don't have to deal with the same problem when I plug in a controller.

Thank you in advance.

Tech notes and TL;DR
Game runs fine, nothing noticeably wrong, but all I can get are the opening credits and it doesn't respond to commands.

Have only tested it on FFVII and Star Ocean, but it seems to be the exact same problem regardless of game.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
try pressing F5.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can map my keyboard, it has v and c as start and select etc. and I tried pressing f5 like a /b/tard and it didn't change a thing for me. (rly tho, i pressed it, fiddled with keyboard, nothing happens, pressed it again, fiddled with keyboard, nothing happens, wash rinse repeat).

Any suggestions? the Emu is running fine past that, but for some reason decided it hates taking orders.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
are you pressing F5 upon startup of a game or are you doing it at the control pad menu? if you are in fact doing it upon startup and its not doing anything then enable the logger (run>enable logs) and start up the emulator, then check the output window for any mention of problems regarding the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you pressing F5 upon startup of a game or are you doing it at the control pad menu? if you are in fact doing it upon startup and its not doing anything then enable the logger (run>enable logs) and start up the emulator, then check the output window for any mention of problems regarding the input.
I am pressing it in game, I am not a total tool. Did the run>enable logs thing and ran a game to test around with it, but I am not finding an output window. Is it in one of the folders?

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
i was just making sure the obvious was covered, no insult intended. anyway, once the logger is enabled and you start up a game press the esc key to return to your desktop and look for a small window that has a bunch of text in it, keep epsxe running though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this is embarrassing, I can't seem to find it. Here are two pictures, one of the game working as intended, and one of the esc with the box and the thing open to show the logs are enabled, I moved it around and didn't find any windows.

Any idea what is up? and yeah didn't mean that as a **** response, just was a little flustered from spending some large amount of time combing your forums looking for similar problems and being somewhat worried I was making a huge nub mistake as no one else seems to have this problem.

Thanks again for being patient. I hope we can solve this problem soon and I can geek out for reals.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
the log is enabled on restart.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK it didnt bring up any error messages, but this is what I got after loading a game, pressing buttons on my controller (which it recognizes when I configured its buttons, so no problems there) and then pressing f5, pressing more buttons, rinse repeat.

Heres a picture of the logs that it took.

Any ideas?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
Ensure that pad 1 is set as 'Digital' and Multitap is turned off. Also, ensure that any other pads are set to 'Disabled'.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
7,022 Posts
I live in a cardboard box at Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. and Government St. in Mobile.

Please be sure to send ladies with the lowest possible standards as I haven't cleaned up my box in a few months and it's a bit... messy. :heh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.