Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm trying to configure my (Speedlink) GamePad in ePSXe 2.05 (Bios SCPH-1001 - DTLH-3000 BIOS v2.2). In the dropdowns on the top right side DirectInput and SPC-1080 Digital are selected. When I push the triangle button, the settings are reset. I can't see why that is happening. Also, the start and select buttons are not recognized. Nothing happens when I try to allocate these buttons.
Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot!
Best regards

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
Switch to xinput, dinput is really there only for really really old game pads like 2000 era or older.

But I highly recommend switching to Duckstation, a far better and newer ps1 emulator.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
When I used ePSXe and couldn't set the triangle button,. I started a game anyway and the pad worked (except triangle, start and select).
Yeah see this sounds like there's something wrong with the gamepad not the emulator, check it with windows game pad settings.

Also what pad exactly is this not just what brand.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's this one:

In the settings I can only remove the pad, but rightclick doesn't do anything. For whatever reason the pad is listed under Bluetooth, not USB. I guess I should get a new pad and see what happens.

Attachments

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
It's this one:

In the settings I can only remove the pad, but rightclick doesn't do anything. For whatever reason the pad is listed under Bluetooth, not USB. I guess I should get a new pad and see what happens.
Yeah if that picture us accurate then that is some really old gamepad, you can try switching to Dinput in Duckstation general settings, but it maybe time to replace it with something newer.
But it still would help if you could test it in windows, the window you're looking for looks like this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have an XBox controller somewhere. Also not a new model, but a lot younger than the Speedlink controller. Just need to dig it up. It's probably been 4-5 years since the last time I used an emulator and controller. When I find it I will try that first before going back to the old controller.
Many thanks for your time and help for now! :)

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
I have an XBox controller somewhere. Also not a new model, but a lot younger than the Speedlink controller. Just need to dig it up. It's probably been 4-5 years since the last time I used an emulator and controller. When I find it I will try that first before going back to the old controller.
Many thanks for your time and help for now! :)
Are talking here about the original Xbox controller The Duke or a regular Xbox 360 pad?
With the latter you shouldn't have any issues it works with Xinput and SDL, in Duckstation controller setting you can just load a pre configured profile for it as well.

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
It's this one: Xbox One Wireless Controller (Model 1697)
Need to charge batteries, will probably take 2-3 hours or so. Then I can test it.

(On another note: can you recommend a good PS2 emulator? Thanks so much! :))
Yeah no problem there Xbox 360 or newer Xbox controllers will work fine.
As for ps2 there's only one PCSX2.
I recommend downloading the nighty build 1.7 as there are significant changes, you just gotta google what your CPU supports SSE4 or AVX2 QT.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I read something about having to define settings for every single game. Is that still the case in this version?
Sorry, I'm more or less a noob. I guess if that still applies I will have to ask experienced people for the right settings for all the games I have. Would take forever to test all possible settings for all games. :-(

·
Not a Registered User
1,558 Posts
I read something about having to define settings for every single game. Is that still the case in this version?
Sorry, I'm more or less a noob. I guess if that still applies I will have to ask experienced people for the right settings for all the games I have. Would take forever to test all possible settings for all games. :-(
Nah it's why I recommend the nightly build 1.7 the devs more or less automated that stuff, you can still do it manually but it's not recommend.
You should only choose the resolution, filters and anti aliasing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nah it's why I recommend the nightly build 1.7 the devs more or less automated that stuff, you can still do it manually but it's not recommend.
You should only choose the resolution, filters and anti aliasing.
Cool!
My AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU supports SSE4 and AVX2. Does it make a difference which one I choose then?
Once again thank you very much for your time!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts