Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The King of All Kings.
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every time i try to go into the grand kai's place for the tournement,it says that the game wont play on the hardware.help pls.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the EEPROM save thing and it does work. You just have to enable
EEPROM, save the game with the ingame option (not save state) and load
the game from that save so the game is using that save file. You can load
it by either using the reset option or by just opening the file and using the
start game option.

·
Registered
37 Posts
change the name of the patch to the same name has the rom and then run it with VisualBoyAdvance (But make sure that you have the option to patch automatic enabled in the emu)
if you're using another emu get one ips patch that can be found on the net try to search the google!

·
Registered
37 Posts
warlorddan471 said:
how do you make sure that you have the option to patch automatic enabled in the emu
Goto Options->Emulator and see if you have a check mark in 'Automatic IPS patching' if it is then the emu will path every game that the ips file has the same name has the game and in the same place...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Coolsboy said:
Goto Options->Emulator and see if you have a check mark in 'Automatic IPS patching' if it is then the emu will path every game that the ips file has the same name has the game and in the same place...
Oh it has to be in the same place, my bad thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Poor little saps who went and downloaded that patch...

All you need is to download the VBA 1.1 {e-mail for it} as it will help u get pass that point as i have all ready completed it withen 5 days of getting itE-mail me for it! bye...

·
Registered
3 Posts
still ain't working

hey i tried to do all the things this thread has said. Like downloading the ips and renaming it as the same to as the Rom, and make sure the autopatching is on and even the EPPROM thing.

But i'm still stuck at that grand kai's place, saying it's not the right hardware to play this game.
So please help

·
Registered
76 Posts
ferrarii said:
hey i tried to do all the things this thread has said. Like downloading the ips and renaming it as the same to as the Rom, and make sure the autopatching is on and even the EPPROM thing.

But i'm still stuck at that grand kai's place, saying it's not the right hardware to play this game.
So please help
Where did you put the .ips file after renaming it?

I placed it in the main vba directory where the ["vba"].exe is found. Then I set to EEPROM, and did all that was mentioned in this thread and my game runs fine. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
ow, i put the .ips file at the game rom directory.

I followed ur advice and it still doesn't work. Here's what i do.......

1. Download File
2. Extract to my GBA directory
3. My rom name is pCS-dbzf.gba, so i rename the file as pCS-dbzf.ips
4. I creater a directory for VBA and their files.
5. I then put the .ips file to the VBA directory.
6. Opened up VBA, check if the Automatic patching is on, and change saved type to EPPROM.
7. So then, i save the game ( by shift+F1 ) then loaded the game ( F1 )
8. Went through the door, and still got " hardware won't run "

So there, that's what i did. I don't know what to do and all i can do is ask for help. Thx in advance, Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
ferrarii said:
ow, i put the .ips file at the game rom directory.

6. Opened up VBA, check if the Automatic patching is on, and change saved type to EPPROM.
7. So then, i save the game ( by shift+F1 ) then loaded the game ( F1 )
8. Went through the door, and still got " hardware won't run "

So there, that's what i did. I don't know what to do and all i can do is ask for help. Thx in advance, Cheers
Ah!! That's what you did wrong :idea:

When they say save type EEPROM they aren't talking about the save states
(shift+F1 ).
They are talking about the in game saves. In the case of DBZ Buu's fury, the Capsule corp save circles. :thumb:

After you do all the EEPROM / .ips stuff use a save circle and save your game (there is a save circle outside Grand Kai's Palace). :)

Then close the ROM and reopen it.
Then when the game starts, load the game you saved using the save circle (it should show you which characters you've unlocked and where you've saved your game - in this case you'll only see Goku and it should say something like "Grand Kai's Palace)

Once you load you game go into the Grand Kai's Palace :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts