Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I recieved my import game today, Super Robot Taisen Alpha 3. However, the Japanese PS2 I ordered was delayed.

So, I got this emulator, plugins, BIOS, etc. I have read your configuration guides and FAQs, and I notice that SRWA3 is ingame for your 0.9 build. I have a:

AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1.85GHz
GeForce 6800 OC
Audigy 2 Value
768MB of RAM

I'm using the default plugins, pete's CD plugin doesnt work for me, it crashes pcsx2.

Well, I tried running it, but on rare occassion it did boot up, I'd ge the Banpresto loading screen going at 1-2fps. Then when the Banpresto logo was done loading, it just froze. Now I've heard people saying they have been able to play this game up to the first scenario and all, and I just can't figure out why. I cycle through the different plugins for video, etc, but nothing works. Of course, I know this build isn't compatible with a lot of games, and I'm not saying it should run this game or anything.

I guess what I'm asking is what configurations have seemed to miraculously worked for you?

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
Well it seems that you saw the compatability on version 0.9
wich is currently still wip. So it's still not released.

Right now the version that you probably have is 0.81 wich can't boot
toomany games and is very slow.

So I advice to you to wait for your ps2 'cause it's still the best
choice to play those games at full speed.

Welcome to the forums btw.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I was just wondering, have any past releases worked better with certain games? Like people seem to talk about version .08, I'm just wondering if it might work better for me than .81

·
Registered
155 Posts
The emulator is currently incapable of playing videos, to my knowledge. You have to hit START during the Banpresto logo to skip the opening movie and go straight to the title screen. I had the same problem with [email protected]

However, it's still damn slow. I just watched the attacks demo, and most of the time it runs at a just-tolerable 15 FPS. However, in a couple of cases (Dancougar and Macross Plus, no idea why) it suddenly drops to 2 FPS. Maybe there's a special 3D effect during those sequences... anyway, playing the game will also be slow, because the 3D battle map makes it run at about 5 FPS, which is only playable if you're really patient.

·
Registered
155 Posts
No more so than @3. Since they're both mostly 2D games, the next release may show some significant improvement.

Edit: Weird. My Alpha 3 runs better than the one being used to test compatibility - and my system isn't even that hot. Well, it runs better except for the whole inverted color thing... I think the GaoGaiGar hero (don't know his name, sorry) looks better with the blue skin and hair, actually.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
*Gets out a megaphone* Okay, since if anybody hasn't noticed I have stated again and again, this game is inplayable but this was VuREC, which I posted in screenshot section. But in VuREC it trips and loops at triggered events on the battle map and doesn't show the battle field at 15fps. In Int it goes roughly 2FPS a sec. So I think scenario 1 took me 20 minutes on the real PS2, so if it doesn't loop or crash or whatever it would take 16 hours to do it. Gaogaigar's hero is Guy. So stop asking questions about the game then. Yeesh, 90% of them don't even work, so wait awhile.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Oops. Silly me. I forgot I was running with VUrecs... of course my framerate was higher.

I didn't stick with @3 long enough to see much more than the framerate, though. I do have a few other things to do with my life...

Alpha 2 appears to be more playable than Alpha 3, however. I played all the way through the first scenario (Kusuha's route) and saved at the menu. Took about two hours. It won't be playable for too much longer, though... since it's a super robot route there's bound to be a video that can't be skipped within a couple of scenarios.

You could probably get quite a bit farther with a real pilot...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.