Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my favorite games, Persona 2, doesn't seem to work with ePSXe, it runs and runs great and everything, but when I get to the part near the beginning of the game where voices are used, the game just keeps playing all these different voices over and over without stopping... so it goes on forever

Does anyone know a solution / help me figure out what's wrong? I've tried many of the different plug ins... but I'll try them again if anybody thinks it might help...

For some reason, I like playing PSX games on my PC more than my Playstation...

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Speech is one of the hardest things to emulate I'm told. Suffice to say I think there not much you can do except wait.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

We think your best bet is to break down the SPU plugins you have tried, and tell how you have them configured...It will then be easier to distinguish the problem

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Hi, UltraNels. I dug up a relevant thread about persona 2. You may want to check it out. It's been a VERY long time since I played this game. I'll test it again tommorow, to see if it still works ok with ePSXe 1.4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys, I did a little searching on my own and found out that it works fine in ePSXe 1.2.0... so, I'll mess around with my SPU plugins a little more, but at least I can play it now. Thanks again.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmm

If this is truly the case then simply select Old Compatibility Mode in special game fixes found in each of Pete's GPU's...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts