Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have problem similar like this?
when i tried to extract the rar file, it took too long. when i tried to cancel the process, it froze and i have to restart my computer

sometimes the extraction is a success, but sometimes it doesn't

forgot to add, it's the latest version 0.9.2

another forgot to add, it's for win 32

· Banned
35,081 Posts
your system memory might be bad.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
seems that's the problem, but what confuses me was when i tried to clean-up my drive, there's this shocking 3GBsomething under "compress old files"

so i deleted all stuff relating to desmume, and clean up my disk

so my drive is low on memory since suddenly there's 3GBsomething

is this because of desmume?
i used several emulators, but this is the first time i encountered this problem, since i tried using desmume

also to add, i did manage to extract it, but then when i tried to execute it, it just won't execute. one time it did, and the window come out, but when i tried to execute it once again, it failed, nothing happened, and i have to restart my computer, again

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
another info,when i download the emulator file, i chose for the windows port
tried that again but the problem didn't solved

so does it matter whether i download the windows port or download the source code one?
now i tried to get the source code, and see whether the problem still exist or not

· desmume coder
490 Posts
this isnt desmume's fault. theres something jacked on your computer.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Yeah this has nothing to do with DeSmuME....there's some sort of major fault/operating system corruption on your PC.

· Registered
831 Posts
akaciparaci:

First, try uninstalling and reinstalling your extracting software.
If it still doesn't work, try running a antivirus scan on your hard drive, and kill the eventual viruses.
If it still doesn't work, try formatting and reinstalling your computer.
If it still doesn't work, the problem has to do with your memory or other hardware...

By the way... (unrelated)
problem when unziping from the rarfile
Unzipping from a RAR file... I'd rather call it "Unraring" or extracting. :p

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think the problem must be my CPU capacity is low
from the same rar file, i extract it in my laptop(probably 1 year old) and it can run well
when i extract it in my PC(which has not so great capacity/memory), the problem occur
i don't think it's because of virus, since my PC is not connected to the internet

also DeSmuME is an emulator that uses large portion of the CPU capacity (or something along that line), so my CPU can't keep up

that's my guess anyway

· desmume coder
490 Posts
I am going to guess that you are, in fact, actually executing desmume straight from the archive but failing to describe the problem as such, confusing it instead with extracting. This is a plausible explanation since 0.9.2 version of desmume has some problems which makes it run poorly on old junky computers with little memory. the symptoms involve a frozen desmume which never launches and on a single core cpu might even freeze it so bad that you have to reboot. 0.9.3 will have this problem fixed. (this is the uses-too-much-virtual-memory bug)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.