Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a problem with FF9. I am almost at the end of Disc 3 and EPSXE keeps closing on me during this one FMV sequence with Kuja. He is destroying Terra and then EPSXE comes up with and error and closes. Has anyone else had this problem and do you have a suggested fix for this? I have a save state just before then.

Also, I would try another emulator to get past this spot, but ever sense I've been using save states, the actual saves on memorycards don't work. I can save and then exit EPSXE but it will not take. It will show prior saves, but not the save I just did. Even trying to switch memory cards didn't help.

Any help will be appreciated. I am attaching a screen shot of where I am when it craps out on me that shows the screen and the error that pops up. Let me know what you guys make of this.

Thanks,
Meph

·
Registered
356 Posts
Is that fake??? that isn't the default error message that windows gives to you when some program crashes... I haven't got anything like that... Try the null drivers and see if SPU or GPU crashes the game...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I forgot to include the configuration. I am using Windows ME with 128MB of RAM, no Graphics accelerator card. I am using the following plugin and configuration:

Plugin: Pete's D3D Driver 1.1.49
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 1000x744 Window mode

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Caching: 3

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 4
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: software

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- Dithering: on
- Full vram: on
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

Any help will be appreciated. And no, it is not a fake. That is the first time I got any error message at all. Normally, if expse is going to crash, it just shuts down with no explanation. Can't imagine why anyone would want to fake an error to begin with.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Meph, could you post what SPU you're using? If it's Null2's I have a theroy.

>And no, it is not a fake.
I'll second that, the message box he shows here is similar to the default one that's present in Win2k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for responding. I've tried every SPU (Pete's MIDAS Audio Driver 1.7 is what I was using originally) and it still does it. I am at a loss. It's REAL frustrating as I am sure you can imagine.

Any other ideas? :)

Meph

·
Registered
513 Posts
>I've tried every SPU...
The reason I asked regarding Null2's SPU was due to its lack of support for save states (though it works fine with memcard saves). In addition, it gives an error that's sort of similar to yours when the theatre ship falls through the mist. If at all possible, you might want to try using Null2's SPU and disabling "Use VAG Stream" before the crash usually occurs. Of course, this may not be of any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by cluthu
If at all possible, you might want to try using Null2's SPU and disabling "Use VAG Stream" before the crash usually occurs. Of course, this may not be of any help.
Nope that didn't do it. But thanks for trying anyway. Not sure what to do. Anyone game of getting a copy of my save state and just letting the FMV sequence play out and then saving the state again? :) Unfortunatly, that may be the only solution. Oh well. Thanks again and have a great night!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Originally posted by cluthu
Meph, could you post what SPU you're using? If it's Null2's I have a theroy.

>And no, it is not a fake.
I'll second that, the message box he shows here is similar to the default one that's present in Win2k.
Maybe the error doesen't happen because plugins, maybe NT doesen't work that well on ePSXe...

·
Registered
513 Posts
>maybe NT doesen't work that well on ePSXe
Nope, besides configuration errors on my part, I haven't had any sort of problems running it under Windows 2000. Besides, he said that he's running Windows ME.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts