Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the french version of FFX, I couldn't see the intro, and I have a black screen just after choosing the sphere... so I would make a patch to try to go further. I have tried with the CKEmu patch but I have a diferent version of FFX: mine is SCES 50491 so I have to make my own.
I have read the thread "patch for dummies" I have download the program but,
-I coulnd locate the pattern it mention:4000838c0800e0030000628c
it does not exist in my version...
so I tried to find something like it manualy but nothing....

Is anyone able to help me or tell me where I could find more tutorials for making patch...
thank you...

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Your FFX is NOT getting stuck in a video,so a scempegisend patch wouldnt do anything(you cant create one anyway for this game).An advanced patch might help,but you need to have some pretty good technical knowledge to do that

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could learn what I need... and it is really intresting...

but you say that the FFX is not blocked by video so, what is blocking? and can I do something else that waiting for a further realse of pcsx2?
I could not use the savedgames or savestates because of my diferent version...

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
a couple of things you need to know when running FFX on the latest version of PCSX2

1. The VU-Rec does NOT work properly with FFX, it crashes not long after the 3d starts, this is a VU-Rec problem.
2. It should work fine in recompiler mode, if a little slow, but it will still work fine.
3. If you try and run the intro and it hangs before you see the "Producer" credits, try deleting the NVM and MEC (if you have one) files from your bios directory, this is an old problem but seems to fix it.
4. There seems to be a sound problem with FFX which causes it to crash, personally ive found using the SPU2Null plugin works ok, altho Peops SPU2 plugin may have a problem.
5. You may have better luck not running the intro and skipping straight to the menu, this will ensure you can get ingame, watching the intro first sometimes stops the menu showing.
6. Use a saved game, it could take you HOURS just to get ingame in recompiler mode, so i suggest using something you can skip all the introduction stuff with.

follow them and FFX should work for you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you.
I'am not using VU-Rec cause my computer does not support SSE2 :(
I have already try in recompiler mode and I have skip the intro...
I will try without sound, but I think I have already try...
I don't look at my bios folder... I hope it could fix some problems

for the saved game, I know that I must use it but I can't find a savedgame fitting my version of FFX.

I want to try to learn more about the patches I want to know the difulties encounter by the team to make the emulator...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well, for patches you could try Nachbrenner`s site .Oh, and the bug about the sfere isn`t because a movie comes up, it`s because pscx2 can`t load new areas in FFX (that means no NEW GAME, and no exiting the area you are when you load a memcard save; I don`t know why but loading from a memcard works), it`s a known issue, fixed (aproximetly;sometimes it chooses at random when to load and when to not load) in the 0.9 beta. The reason this bug happens could be uncomplete emulaion, pcsx2 code bug,etc.(nothing you can do to make it work with a patch).
If you want to go ingame, the only way is to load a save. You can either download a save from here (I don`t think there are some thought), or get them from your memcard. If you want to get them from your memcard, then read this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My games (Winning Eleven 8 Liveware Edition) always crashes on the Intro Video, I couldn't find the hex string, so I dont know how to make a patch for skipping the video.

i visited http://www.pcsx2.net/nachbrenner/chapter1.html

But nothing colud help me.

Can you tell how can i skip this video plis??

May be creating a patch i guess, if you have any alternative or know how to create a patch without finding the hex string, please help me!!

Thnx in advance!

Magnarus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts