Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Possible FFIX spoiler]

I'm having trouble loading the screen to get into the Trunk of Cleyra in the Second Disc of FFIX. I'v used the same settings throughout all of the first disc, but again, I can't load one screen. Settings I'm using...

Plugin: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.1.77
Author: Pete Bernert
GFX card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limit: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: hardware

Misc:
- Scanlines: off [0]
- Unfiltered FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Full vram: off
- Game fixes: off [00002a00]

Not sure why the Game fixes was off I had them on. Oh well, I'm using the original disc, but it doesn't freeze on my PS2 at that part. Any help would be appreciative. Thanks in advance!

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
If you're using save states, don't. This, and at least one other spot (right after the beginning of the third disc), freeze in this game when using them. Reload from the last in game save, and try again.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
1.5.2 is better than 1.6.0 for this game (1.6.0 has problems with it), but I'd recommend 1.7.0 over either. That problem was likely caused by save states, as this is a common problem at that very spot and one other that has been being reported since before 1.7.0 came out, so that probably wasn't what was causing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.