Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, i got a great problem with the new version of the opengl plugin.

The emulator close when I start the game... whereas i do the update of the lastest drivers of Nvidia...
Sometimes Dolphin says : "Couldn't execute Opengl plugin, please check the lastest drivers for NVIDIA cards" .... I Have the lastest 181.22 ???

Please help me, how i configure this last plugin opengl

·
Registered
71 Posts
This was posted by Xtreme2damax who founded the problem and this method somehow fixes it.

If you delete the dolphin.ini in the /user/config folder (Possibly the Video_OGL.ini as well) then launch the x64 build of Dolphin and configure it with the OpenGL plugin set as the video plugin, you'll be able to start a game without it crashing.

However once you close the emulator and re-launch it, it will start crashing and continue to crash everytime you try and start a game, unless you delete the dolphin.ini file again in the /user/config folder.

However it should be fixed because it's a bit tedious to keep deleting the dolphin.ini file and reconfiguring everything every time you launch the emulator to play a game.

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks you for your answer. But It doesn't work.
I guess this will be fix in the next rev...
Can you give the link of the fix by Xtreme2damax ???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well that atleast works for me, it seems to be other problem then. Maybe you need the latest dx runtime files by september?

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the lastest Direct X , Nov 2008....
I am running on Windows XP PRO SP3 64 bits.

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All games don't work. Wii and Gamecube.
I don't use x86 version too slow for me.
The DX9 plugin works but graph. sucks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
indeed the error occurs when you choose the directory of ISOs.

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oups sorry SP2 64 bits.
I tryied 1943 32bits, and it's sucks ! Low FPS always...
So i play on 1883 64 bits...

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
Here's an easier fix, at least it works on the 64-bit builds for now...

The problem according to a developer seems to be when you launch a game from the game list in the x64 builds with OpenGL, it just crashes..

So instead of fooling around with the dolphin.ini file, click the "Open" button at the top, find your image and launch it manually. It should not crash using this method with OpenGL on the x64 builds. :)

·
Le Tueur de Nems !
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it doesn't work for me...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here's an easier fix, at least it works on the 64-bit builds for now...

The problem according to a developer seems to be when you launch a game from the game list in the x64 builds with OpenGL, it just crashes..

So instead of fooling around with the dolphin.ini file, click the "Open" button at the top, find your image and launch it manually. It should not crash using this method with OpenGL on the x64 builds. :)
nope does not work.

·
Premium Member
5,933 Posts
If it doesn't work for you it is likely your problem is due to an entirely different issue, the problem with OpenGL on x64 builds is related to launching games through the games list/interface.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.