Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

When a friend of mine who hasn't internet (nor TV :evil: don't laugh he is very cool) tries to play a game : Y's VI the ark of napishtim. When he launches the game he arrives at a screen directing to settingd (16:9 4/3 date...) and the other seems to direct him to the a xcreen where he is proposed to select between 2 mem cards. The problem is he doesn't know what to do.

What is he supposed to do to play the game ?

thanks for him

· Registered
101 Posts
You can not play a game. He can not play a game. Nobody but the dev's can actually play games at this point, and they are too busy refining the code so that the rest of us can eventually play games. Read the rules, it will be ready when it is ready and until then we must wait.

· Registered
1,741 Posts
*whaps Folly* Don't sound so elitist and actually try to help the person instead of bashing them. www.pcsx2.net Check the Compat. list, The game most likely will not be playable. So...go and do something else. But to stay on topic, you need to format the mem. card most likely. You can find that answer by using the search feature.

· Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Godwin said:
www.pcsx2.net Check the Compat. list
Don't also forget to notice that the compat list is for games tested on 0.9, so results may vary between the current release and the beta. Also, I'm not a dev, but I get the same builds as the devs, and that doesn't mean I can "play games" Folly. So really, such comments couldn't be any more wrong.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Right after i posted i saw the bios guide. My friend has question : He completed the format of the mem cards and set the config ok according to the guide : http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65015 . But he cannot save the settings on the mem cards. He cannot quit the PCSX2 but with ctrl+alt+del. He doesn't know hot to run a game. He is n00b and i don't know anything about that.

Can you help him ? Thanks for him

· Unoffical ***** Stalker
8 Posts
Folly said:
You can not play a game. He can not play a game. Nobody but the dev's can actually play games at this point, and they are too busy refining the code so that the rest of us can eventually play games. Read the rules, it will be ready when it is ready and until then we must wait.
Several games do work in .8, folly. The dev build doesn't even make 1/3 of the games work, so don't make it sound all magical either. And you don't need to lecture him on why not to ask about the new release because he didn't even mention it. He should have read the rules but most first posters don't.

Don't be so harsh on :newbie:s

aktus said:
Thanks. Right after i posted i saw the bios guide. My friend has question : He completed the format of the mem cards and set the config ok according to the guide : http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65015 . But he cannot save the settings on the mem cards. He cannot quit the PCSX2 but with ctrl+alt+del. He doesn't know hot to run a game. He is n00b and i don't know anything about that.

Can you help him ? Thanks for him
Well if you need help with one of the games that do work search for it in the forums, there are several threads created regarding various games. Also, to run a game you need to press the Run CD button and the CD plugin you are using has to not be CDnull.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.