Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Using the codes found here: Cheat Codes for Super Smash Bros Melee on GameCube - Codejunkies US

Code:
(M)
MMGK-1CC5-TER04

7CDF-NREA-Q4278

#
Open all characters
0FA2-KD7C-4590B

A4BP-APCY-5DFMK
I try decrypting them with GCNcrypt v1.5. It gives me a CRC error for each code, but still seemingly decrypts them into:

Code:
00080176 88000000
0434E304 00000800

(marked as GameID A21, USA Region)

0008014C 0400BB40
04459F60 FFFFFFFF

(marked as GameID 222, Null Region)
I thought it was odd that it marked them as different games, essentially. I went ahead and entered them into the game's config file and enabled them, but when I try to load the game, it just stays at a black screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

UPDATE: Converting them to Onframe codes (as per http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-cheats-database/wiki/Converting_ActionReplay_to_Onframe_codes) makes the game start up, but the cheats still aren't working.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are three different versions of ssbm 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.
Check the back of your original disc to see which version you have.
Action replay codes are version specific, so these codes may be for another version of ssbm. If all you want is all of the characters, why not download a save
Super Smash Bros. Melee Save Game Files for GameCube - GameFAQs
and use the memcard manager to use it with dolphin? or try the codes from another website
Action Replay Central

·
Registered
143 Posts
in dolphin go to the misc menu and choose memcard manager, use browse to open your memory card which is in <dolphin folder>/user/GC/<Region>/MemoryCardA.raw

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in dolphin go to the misc menu and choose memcard manager, use browse to open your memory card which is in <dolphin folder>/user/GC/<Region>/MemoryCardA.raw
Hmm...I tried all the saves from GameFAQs, but none have the same banner as my game. I don't know if this is of relevance, but when I load them, the game gradually slows to a freeze once I get to the character select screen.

·
Registered
444 Posts
dolphin can use encrypted AR codes, just put them in [ActionReplay] section of the game's inifile, like this:
right clicking on the game in dolphin's list>properties, then click edit config button, make it look like this:
[ActionReplay]
+$Open all characters
A4BP-APCY-5DFMK

you can then toggle the cheat on/off by toggling it in the actionreplay list. (add/edit doesn't work yet, but remove does! so be careful :p)

Why is it like this?
Because dolphin does not (currently) use master codes, it will be ignored or cause an error if you put it in anyways. Also, the first line of official AR codes is a verification string (0FA2-KD7C-4590B in this case). These codes are also ignored by dolphin, and if you choose to include it in the ini file, dolphin should just ignore it.

NOTE: sadly, the code doesn't unlock the characters for me. Although, the code does get executed successfully. Here is the AR log, just for omega probably :p

Code Name: Open all characters
Number of codes: 1
--- Running Code: 04459f60 ffffffff ---
Command: 00000004
Doing Normal Code 00000000
Subtype: 00000000
Doing Ram Write And Fill
Hardware Address: 80459f60
Size: 00000002
Dword Write
--------
Wrote ffffffff to address 80459f60
--------

Also, you can get it to apply the mastercode if you boot the game with no cheats enabled, then use ar manager to turn them on. Still doesn't unlock all characters though :/

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the code to work! :D

I think it was a combo of using the encrypted AR code, removing the master code, and making sure the code was for the right version.

Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Code it the hard way :P
1,267 Posts
Guys, Exist a cheat of actionreplay in Dolphin that enable to use Gigabowser?
Just google for "Gigabowser Action Replay cheat SSBM"

dolphin can use encrypted AR codes, just put them in [ActionReplay] section of the game's inifile, like this:
right clicking on the game in dolphin's list>properties, then click edit config button, make it look like this:
[ActionReplay]
+$Open all characters
A4BP-APCY-5DFMK

you can then toggle the cheat on/off by toggling it in the actionreplay list. (add/edit doesn't work yet, but remove does! so be careful :p)

Why is it like this?
Because dolphin does not (currently) use master codes, it will be ignored or cause an error if you put it in anyways. Also, the first line of official AR codes is a verification string (0FA2-KD7C-4590B in this case). These codes are also ignored by dolphin, and if you choose to include it in the ini file, dolphin should just ignore it.

NOTE: sadly, the code doesn't unlock the characters for me. Although, the code does get executed successfully. Here is the AR log, just for omega probably :p

Code Name: Open all characters
Number of codes: 1
--- Running Code: 04459f60 ffffffff ---
Command: 00000004
Doing Normal Code 00000000
Subtype: 00000000
Doing Ram Write And Fill
Hardware Address: 80459f60
Size: 00000002
Dword Write
--------
Wrote ffffffff to address 80459f60
--------

Also, you can get it to apply the mastercode if you boot the game with no cheats enabled, then use ar manager to turn them on. Still doesn't unlock all characters though :/
Maybe codes for wrong version? Have you ran the debugger and look at that address in the Dolphin-memory viewer?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts