Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(My apologies. I'm not quite good in English. ^__^)
Hello. My PC spec is PIV 1.5 GHz , INTEL 850GB mainboard , 256 MB RD-ram , Winfast GE-Force2 MX400 32MB , SBLive!Value , 52X Sony CD-Rom. I use Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.53(and I use Pete's SPU,CD-Rom plugin as well) ,but the result is a "SLOW MOTION PICTURE" even if I set a default config to "fast", while it can run well on Pete's Soft Driver 1.53,Pete's D3D Driver 1.53,Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.53 ..... Could anyone give me an advice about why this happens?
Thank you very mcuh. ^____^

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Pete's D3D 1.53 is the best driver for a GeForce card (generally), and make sure you are using Direct X 8.1 (www.microsoft.com). This should improve speed, and Schädelkeks advice is also good make sure your drivers are version 21.83 or 21.81.

·
Banned
7,778 Posts
Directx 8.1 is in beta right now. Besides, I wouldn't think that your directx version would have any bearing on OpenGL performance. Unless you want your directx to expire, I would recommend sticking with 8.0a for now. I have 8.1 installed on my computer right now, and it doesn't appear to be that much different. If someone wants a link to get 8.1, I can provide it. I don't know if this forum will alow me to pos it though. Can I?

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
lol no probs! :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
About directx 8.1, you very likely won't notice any performance difference with it, and the majority of users likely don't have any problems. A few users will notice some small bug fixes (and some major bug fixes if you're using a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card) but overall, it isn't worth the upgrade and the final should be released very soon.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Pete's OGL IS the best with GeForce cards,not Pete's D3D.;)

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Late reply I know, but I beg 2 differ, though I don't know all the technical aspects of the nVida GeForce range, when using my GeForce 2 GTS I get better preformance out of D3D compared to OGL, and many of my friends also get the same kinda results, but I am not saying that D3D is 'technically' better, it is just in my experience that D3D seems better!!! ;) (trying not to start a D3D Vs. OGL war here!!! :lol: )

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
what brand Geforce card?? Cause I have a geforce 2 GTS and OpenGL gets around 10FPS more than the d3d plugin...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Driver version/tweaks/other extraneous stuff can make a pretty big difference in the opengl vs. d3d performance. But on the average system running an nvidia card, opengl will have the better performance. Opengl also has a slight advantage in display quality as it supports subtractive blending on certain cards.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I personally get better OpenGL performance.. but like what gerbilcannon said, there are other stuff that might impact the performance.... use what works for you I guess :)

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Well, just adding some info. Have you guys noticed that DirectX9 is in beta now? It should be released in some months, I think. But when this DX8.1 will be released? It's in beta for months now.
:mad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts