Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· IceyD the Ice Cold Prince
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with quake 4 on a pc with windows xp x64 with a daul core amd altlon 64 3800+k, 2 g-force 6600 le when i enable sli mode for the cards quake 4 starts up but I get no picture but the the sound is playing in the background but come the pc has stoped responding, but if i disable sli the game runs ok so can anybody help me.

· Quad Core FTW!!!
782 Posts
Iceydamo said:
I have a problem with quake 4 on a pc with windows xp x64 with a daul core amd altlon 64 3800+k, 2 g-force 6600 le when i enable sli mode for the cards quake 4 starts up but I get no picture but the the sound is playing in the background but come the pc has stoped responding, but if i disable sli the game runs ok so can anybody help me.
Try installing the latest patch from the Quake 4 website. i.D software is starting to release patches that optimize the game for SLI/Dual-Core/HyperThreading/Multi-CPU technology.

176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thx for tht Master Chief but however that did not work so anybody got any ideas?

· Registered
29 Posts
the x64 edition of XP is full of bugs, and is very unstable, I had it and had more problems in one day than all the other os'es i'd evever used, than i installed the 32 bit ver and it ran like a charm, i'd ditch it and install the 32 bit version, until windows vista comes out

176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok LordRayden Ill try that and see ifit works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.